Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

97 405 Aft Holding Tank Odors/Venting

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
ndunlop33
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: 97 405 Aft Holding Tank Odors/Venting

Postby ndunlop33 » June 14th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Thanks so much for all the information! Yes, I understood what you meant. I believe my response was unclear. I have vacu flush on both heads but I did go into the bilge and I also have the overboard pump out macerator. Once again my marina had not emptied my tanks completely. The previous owner had re- piped everything with pvc. I do have the Y valve and there were two valves running parallel coming off the Y valve and both were open. I did turn the valves to the closed position while the pumpout cart was there. I had a friend in the bilge and I watched the tanks while they were being emptied and they were able to pump both out completely and green lights illuminated on both. The aft tank had suction and caught right away and there didn't seem to be any problem. I am hopeful that this fixes my problem! I guess I will find out next weekend if I have 2 green lights on the heads when I return. Once emptied, I did treat both tanks heavily with the Noflex digest and filled both with water until the mid full amber light came on to help clear any build up on the sides. Fingers crossed that turning the valves fixed the suction problem. I will check back in next Thursday when I go back to the boat for the weekend and let you know!

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 14th, 2020, 9:34 pm

This thread has had quite the transition from the start. Thanks for posting the resolution.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral

Postby g36 » June 14th, 2020, 9:51 pm

I'm glad I could help
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
ndunlop33
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby ndunlop33 » June 23rd, 2020, 6:53 am

Just wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone for their advice! I believe the problem has solved, your suggestions were right on! Both the venting and the Noflex!

United States of America
Gauchodrew
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1984 Carver 3207

Postby Gauchodrew » September 21st, 2023, 5:48 pm

We have a 3207 and are trying to figure out if it has maceration and how to operate it if it has it

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » September 21st, 2023, 8:36 pm

Gauchodrew wrote:Source of the post We have a 3207 and are trying to figure out if it has maceration and how to operate it if it has it

I would start a new thread or you're going to get very confusing responses, as some will respond to the OP's issue and some will respond to your.

I doubt you have a macerator, but anything could have happened once the boat left the factory. You might want to post up some pics (in the new thread) of your heads and your black water tank and hoses and you might get some good responses.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”