Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Dometic CruisAir blowing but not cold?

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
kkochner
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Dometic CruisAir blowing but not cold?

Postby kkochner » June 11th, 2020, 5:35 pm

I just returned back to my boat and discovered rather quickly that my pilot house was extra warm only to find out that my cruise air unit is blowing just fine but it’s not cold air. To me it doesn’t sound like the compressor is kicking on but I would love some advice on where to start troubleshooting the unit before I just call an AC guy. Btw the unit is only 3 yrs old.

Appreciate any help or pointers that anyone they have!
1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse
Volvo D-12 Diesel Engines
Port of Tulsa OK

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Dometic CruisAir blowing but not cold?

Postby bud37 » June 11th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Just the simple stuff.....make sure there is good water flow....shut it down and let sit for a while then start back up. You have probably already done this but.....Thats all i got.

One question though that may help the other more knowing folk here....are there any alarms showing on the panel ?
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Postby Tireless » June 12th, 2020, 9:11 am

Have a look at the cloth filter on the coil. If it is dirty and blocked the unit could freeze up and cause the problem. It has happened to me and this was typically the problem. If it is frozen, turn the unit off and let it thaw out, could also use a hair dryer. This is in addition to the advise from Bud37.

If that doesn't fix it, there could be a number of more issues, like it needing a recharge or the compressor.

More than likely a dirty filter and/or freeze up.

Keeps posted. Lots of folks here will have idea's.

Greg

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » June 12th, 2020, 9:38 am

agree with water flow for sure also although a different make unit mine has a pressure reset switch/button near the compressor that can trip and all you have to do is press it to reset. i would look about the lines near the compressor for any reset. i would also turn off the ac power at the breaker (not just turning the unit off at the thermostat) for a few minutes and then back on to see if it will reset the unit. if not could very well be leak /low gas or start capacitor or compressor.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”