Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Switching Relay

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
ndunlop33
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Switching Relay

Postby ndunlop33 » July 11th, 2020, 1:39 pm

My friend has a 97 Mariner and is looking to find where to replace the generator/ shore power switching relay is located. Can anyone be of any help??? Thanks in advance!

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Re: Switching Relay

Postby buster53 » July 11th, 2020, 1:58 pm

My boat has it immediately behind my electric panel. Yours probably is as well. Just unscrew your panel, drop it down and you will see the switch.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral

Postby g36 » July 11th, 2020, 10:39 pm

Are you sure you have a relay to look for? May just have a ship - shore selector switch in the ac panel
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
ndunlop33
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby ndunlop33 » July 12th, 2020, 9:04 pm

He does not have a selector switch as I do.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 12th, 2020, 9:21 pm

ndunlop33 wrote:Source of the post My friend has a 97 Mariner and is looking to find where to replace the generator/ shore power switching relay is located. Can anyone be of any help??? Thanks in advance!

I believe in that Mariner the item you are looking for is attached to the back of the shore power panel....the one below the 12vdc panel......you remove the face panel then it is there or behind the aluminium box which can also be pulled out, there are some screws holding it in......just be careful and look close.

I just can't remember exactly.....the galvanic isolators are back there for sure.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”