Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

grey water/fresh water indicators on 2020 37 coupe

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
Rtmueller
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2020 Carver 37 Coupe

grey water/fresh water indicators on 2020 37 coupe

Postby Rtmueller » August 10th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Hello forum friends, I was wondering if anyone has tips on how to make sure the grey water tanks get fully pumped out and as well the fresh water gets filled up. Currently my 37 coupe is showing half full on both but I recently had the grey water pumped out and the fresh water filled. Anyone out there having a similar issue with their indicator lights?

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: grey water/fresh water indicators on 2020 37 coupe

Postby mjk1040 » August 10th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Sounds like corroded or bad tank sensors. When gray water is pumped out totally you should hear air rushing in the vent for that tank. When you fill the fresh water tank it should be coming out of the vent when its full.
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » August 10th, 2020, 3:18 pm

Welcome to the forum....on some of the sensors that I know on fresh water tanks there is a small screw for adjusting what you see on the gauge.....for example you would adjust the gauge to zero when the tank was known to be MT and to full when the tank was full by turning the screw.....there were instructions for this calibration,.... the screw is on the top of the sensor on the tank.

Can't help with the grey and black tank sensors, yours being new it just may be a set up thing, as I can't see anything being dirty or corroded.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » August 11th, 2020, 4:28 am

Being a 2020 I must assume they are still pretty much in new condition so I will rule out fouling, especially the water tank which normally runs perfectly for decades. My boat has a breaker for this circuit, is yours on? Should be located in the 12v DC panel. Welcome to the forum.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”