Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1985 2650 Montego grey water

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
E21cosmonaut
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985
2650 Montego

1985 2650 Montego grey water

Postby E21cosmonaut » October 18th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Hey guys,

So My wife and I purchased a obviously used 1985 Montego. We ran it on a mooring all summer and noticed the grey water from the shower was always full. We thought that there was a pump out on the side so when we went to the marina we could empty it. Unfortunately that doesnt seem to be the case. For the life of me I am unable to find any info on how to drian it or where the tank is located. I am preparing to winterize the boat and dont want the tank full of water obviously. I had contacted the previous owner and he is zero help. If anyone has any diagrams they could share or are able to enlighten me as to how to empty/ access the tank it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: 1985 2650 Montego grey water

Postby tomschauer » October 18th, 2020, 7:25 pm

You say the grey water is full, but you don't know where the tank is? what makes you think its full?
I would be really surprised if you have a grey water tank on a 26. Usually there is a shower sump switch you turn on when using the shower and it pumps the water directly overboard.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » October 19th, 2020, 11:02 am

tomschauer wrote:Source of the post You say the grey water is full, but you don't know where the tank is? what makes you think its full?
I would be really surprised if you have a grey water tank on a 26. Usually there is a shower sump switch you turn on when using the shower and it pumps the water directly overboard.

I agree with this. I'd be surprised if you had a grey water tank on that boat, and if you did I'd be more surprised if it was actually put in by Carver instead of some previous owner.

Pour some polyethylene glycol antifreeze in each of the drains and see if it gets pumped overboard.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » October 22nd, 2020, 10:51 am

Look out for a sump pump. If you have one and I'm guessing you do, most likely it will be no more than 4' from the shower drain. Open up all floor hatches near by, if you have carpeting, pull it up to see if you have hidden floor hatches.
I have 2 showers on my boat and both sumps are 1-2' from the shower. I have to pull up carpeting to get to my aft sump.
Once you find your sump, most likely, it will be nasty looking and needs to be cleaned out. Test the pump to make sure it is working.

United States of America
tricountytrail
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 2557 twin 180/3.7LX Alpha One drives

Postby tricountytrail » May 15th, 2021, 9:55 am

Usually there is a shower sump switch you turn on when using the shower and it pumps the water directly overboard.

x2
Should be circuit breaker/ fuse at electrical panel, and separate switch in head to manually activate.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » May 15th, 2021, 9:47 pm

tricountytrail wrote:Source of the post Usually there is a shower sump switch you turn on when using the shower and it pumps the water directly overboard.

x2
Should be circuit breaker/ fuse at electrical panel, and separate switch in head to manually activate.

I doubt we will be hearing from the OP on this topic. He only posted once, last October.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”