Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Vacuflush problem

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
Artswarlock
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 404 CPMY

Vacuflush problem

Postby Artswarlock » April 13th, 2021, 7:02 am

So after the long cold winter I filled the water tank and started flushing all the water lines. When I opened up the forward head and flushed it I noticed a horrible smell. When I opened the access panel, I noticed waste leaking on the top of the tank from around the tank level sensors. Is that just a bad gasket or do I have other problems. Thanks

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Re: Vacuflush problem

Postby Tireless » April 13th, 2021, 9:44 am

It could very well be a bad gasket. However, there should not be that much pressure in the holding tank. I had a similar issue in my 356. As it turns out, the vent line from the tank to the through hull was blocked causing the holding tank to buildup pressure breaching the seal on the waist tank sending unit. If this line gets blocked the vacu-flush unit will pressurize the holding tank. If you have an in line charcoal filter. The charcoal filter can become blocked if water or waist backs up into the vent line and filter, if the tank is over filled. Water can get into the charcoal filter if the holding tank is over rinsed or flushed out.

I recommend that you check the vent line to see if it is blocked, and/or remove the charcoal filter to see if it has been blocked up with water or waist. If this occurred in the fall, that would have frozen up the charcoal filter or line depending on your winter temps.

Greg

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » April 13th, 2021, 11:16 am

Yeah that air has to go somewhere. Check the suggestions above also did you verify how full or empty your holding tank is?
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » April 13th, 2021, 1:14 pm

As others have mentioned, VENT, VENT, VENT. Is there winterization tape left on the hull vent? Mouse nest? Plug in the vent? Defiantly a vent issue, with no where to vent it will find the weak link and breach at that point. Maybe you overflowed last year and it is now all hardened up blocking the vent? Did I mention the VENT. :-D
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Topic author United States of America
Artswarlock
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 404 CPMY

Postby Artswarlock » April 13th, 2021, 9:38 pm

Well Vent it is looks like mud dobbers plugged it up. Thanks for all the reply’s.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”