Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3607 Black Water Tank Replacement

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
terkim99
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 3807

3607 Black Water Tank Replacement

Postby terkim99 » June 13th, 2021, 12:38 pm

Hello, we bought a 1989 3607 last fall. The previous owner needed to replace the black water tank. He removed the tank and when we bought it, the broker agreed to replace the tank for us. We still don't have the tank replaced and now are being told the black tank needs to be special ordered. Can anyone tell me where we could purchase a black water tank for the aft head for a 3607? I should also say our marina is extremely busy and extremely short-handed, so we are trying to be patient...but would also like to be able to use the bathroom on the boat at some point this summer.

Thank you.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: 3607 Black Water Tank Replacement

Postby Viper » June 13th, 2021, 5:23 pm

Contact Carver with your hull number. They should be able to give you a part number and the supplier information. If they're still around, you're in luck, and if they aren't, you may find that they've been taken over by someone else who has kept the specs for that tank. Short of that, you're taking measurements and having one custom made.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » June 13th, 2021, 9:34 pm

These people made a lot of oem tanks for carver.......https://www.trioniccorp.com/marine-wate ... aste-tank/
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » June 14th, 2021, 10:36 am

I replaced the forward waste tank on my 3607 and bought everything to do the aft tank but didn't get it done before I sold it. The new owners had someone do it for them, with all the stuff I gave them with the sale.

I bought the tanks from GreatLakesSkipper. They were MUCH lower cost than any alternative I could find. The shipping alone was worth the difference. The tanks I got were originally for a Larson boat, but were roughly the size I wanted. The original 3607 tanks are huge - 40 gallons each, so you might think about if you really need that much waste capacity. I actually toyed with the idea about just plumbing the heads into the same 40 gallon tank and eliminating the other one, but ended up going with two slightly smaller tanks. I believe I had 32 gallons available in each. I put a thread in the 'projects' forum with some pics.

Topic author United States of America
terkim99
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 3807

Postby terkim99 » June 14th, 2021, 10:47 am

km1125 wrote:Source of the post I replaced the forward waste tank on my 3607 and bought everything to do the aft tank but didn't get it done before I sold it. The new owners had someone do it for them, with all the stuff I gave them with the sale.

I bought the tanks from GreatLakesSkipper. They were MUCH lower cost than any alternative I could find. The shipping alone was worth the difference. The tanks I got were originally for a Larson boat, but were roughly the size I wanted. The original 3607 tanks are huge - 40 gallons each, so you might think about if you really need that much waste capacity. I actually toyed with the idea about just plumbing the heads into the same 40 gallon tank and eliminating the other one, but ended up going with two slightly smaller tanks. I believe I had 32 gallons available in each. I put a thread in the 'projects' forum with some pics.

Thank you so much for this response. I will search your name to hopefully see the photos. We are desperate to get it done and wondering if my husband could do it. Thanks again.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » June 14th, 2021, 12:12 pm

Switching the rear tank only would not be very hard at all. After you remove the berth top (just a bunch of screws), everything is right there. HOWEVER, when you do this you'd probably want to change the hoses, both going to the rear head and going to the pump out. THOSE would be a much bigger chore as they're pretty long and have a bend at the transom port corner.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”