Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Riviera bilge question

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Canada
hcarmich
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: still looking

Re: Riviera bilge question

Postby hcarmich » August 8th, 2021, 6:58 pm

Thank you - good idea. Anyone know of a good value hot water tank with the heat exchanger option?

Thanks

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » August 8th, 2021, 9:33 pm

Kuuma heaters are reasonably priced.

Topic author Canada
SunsetSteve
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 83 Carver Riviera 28
76 Albin 25 (outgoing)

Postby SunsetSteve » August 10th, 2021, 5:17 pm

Lizzie wrote:Source of the post Hi Steve: we are having the same problem on our 1986 2807. I’d love it if you would keep us informed on your progress.

Sure will Lizie. I need to explore beneath the port bunk next, but when I went down on Sunday it was too darn hot in the boat so I had a beer and thought about it, then went back home. :beergood: Back at it this weekend when temps will be lower and I'll have a buddy on board to assist. Will report back!

And congrats to hcarmich for fixing his issue. It might turn out the same for me.

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » August 11th, 2021, 2:18 am

so I had a beer and thought about it, then went back home. :beergood:

:-D

Boats tend to do that at times. :beergood:
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Canada
Uncle Mike
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver Riviera 2807 1986

Postby Uncle Mike » August 17th, 2021, 4:09 pm

hcarmich wrote:Source of the post
Uncle Mike wrote:Source of the post On my Riviera, there is also small amount of water in the fdw bilge, just enough water not to have the pump to start. The fwd pump is right there under the table. I will be at my boat tonight and provide photos if needed.

I haven't check for the fwd pump but the master one (mid bilge pump) is connected directly to the battery, no switch or breaker is needed.

I was lucky to get all the original documents and technical sheets (wiring plan, etc...) with my new to me Carver Riviera 1989, let me know if I can provide you information;)

Is it possible to get these from you? Would be helpful for sure! thanks

They would need to be scanned... next I get to the boat I will see what I an do to share those diagrams;)

Topic author Canada
SunsetSteve
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 83 Carver Riviera 28
76 Albin 25 (outgoing)

Postby SunsetSteve » August 17th, 2021, 6:59 pm

Maybe the 83 didn't have that fwd pump. Wish I knew if the connections are still there or not.

Canada
oakridgeboater
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 carver riviera

Postby oakridgeboater » December 16th, 2023, 11:43 pm

Uncle Mike wrote:Source of the post
hcarmich wrote:Source of the post
Uncle Mike wrote:Source of the post On my Riviera, there is also small amount of water in the fdw bilge, just enough water not to have the pump to start. The fwd pump is right there under the table. I will be at my boat tonight and provide photos if needed.

I haven't check for the fwd pump but the master one (mid bilge pump) is connected directly to the battery, no switch or breaker is needed.

I was lucky to get all the original documents and technical sheets (wiring plan, etc...) with my new to me Carver Riviera 1989, let me know if I can provide you information;)

Is it possible to get these from you? Would be helpful for sure! thanks

They would need to be scanned... next I get to the boat I will see what I an do to share those diagrams;)

Hello Unc.,
I'm a brand new owner of a Riviera, unfortunately it did not come with any manuals. Would you be able to forward a copy of what you have to me? I've searched relentlessly and haven't found any info. Thanks.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”