Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Raritan Head water pickup???

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author Canada
Walt
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver Santego 380
454 Crusader XL
Lake Ontario

Raritan Head water pickup???

Postby Walt » December 28th, 2021, 12:32 pm

Hello all,
I have just bought a 1994 380. freshwater. twin 454 Crusaders.
I was confused when I took the boat out for storage there was no thru hull PU. for the Head.
The manual I received clearly shows one under the head area.
Does this mean it is connected to my fresh water system?
If this is the case I might not have winterized that line correctly.
fingers crossed.

Also,
I didn't do anything to the built in spacemaker coffee maker. Does that self drain if its been dry for month?

Happy Holidays,

Walt

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Raritan Head water pickup???

Postby g36 » December 28th, 2021, 6:36 pm

Yes it could very well be connected to the fresh water system. The carver manuals aren't that great and it very well have been a option for fresh or seawater flush. What raritan head? If you've winterized the boat what did you do to the on board water system and water heater ,? Fill it with the pink antifreeze or blow with air? Don't forget the outdoor shower and ice maker supply lines if you have that.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author Canada
Walt
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
454 Crusader XL
Lake Ontario

Postby Walt » December 28th, 2021, 10:51 pm

Raritan is the manufacturer of this electric Heads with the bottle of blue in the front and pump right on the side. I ran pink through all faucets, yes the wash down and heater too. I flushed pink down the head. I think has to be on the fresh water. I now know all I need to do is flush until I see pink. I took the hose off the side and filled the pump, then hooked it back up and flushed a few times. just incase there was water in it. I think I have a 90% chance I got it all out of the line.
Thanks for the reply.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » December 29th, 2021, 11:35 am

Raritan electric heads are commonly drawing water from the onboard water tank. Raritan strongly recommended this arrangement so there would be no chance the system could get clogged up with foreign substances drawn in from outside source, like seaweed-sand/silt-plastic bags, etc. I don't use water in the tank, except for the head. It takes just a small amount to feed the flush system. If you have the manual package, there is a separate manual for the Raritan head. It is most likely the "Crown" model. I have the info sheet and recommended installation diagram. If you would like a copy, PM me your address. Thanks! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Topic author Canada
Walt
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
454 Crusader XL
Lake Ontario

Postby Walt » January 4th, 2022, 9:58 am

Thanks cooler,
I have a box of manuals that came with the boat. I saw one for the head in there. What your saying makes perfect sense. I read that somewhere else as well.
Problem solved.

Thanks

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”