Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2667 Shore water inlet location

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
RickyBobby380
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1981 Carver Santa Cruz 2667 - Mercruiser 260hp

2667 Shore water inlet location

Postby RickyBobby380 » May 23rd, 2022, 3:16 pm

Hello All,

Recently picked up a 1981 santa cruz 2667. This particular boat doesn't seem to have come with the shore water inlet option and I am looking to add one.

Would anyone happen to know or have pictures of where this would have been located and where it tied into the water system.

Kind of a long shot, but thanks in advance.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Re: 2667 Shore water inlet location

Postby buster53 » May 23rd, 2022, 5:41 pm

Instead of looking for the location the factory would have installed it, look for the easiest place to install one now. They may not be the same.

RickyBobby380
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby RickyBobby380 » May 24th, 2022, 6:52 am

That was my plan B. I've got a few spots picked out that are easy locations for install and plumbing access.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 24th, 2022, 7:11 am

I'm sure you will come up with a better location. Carver did these installs as they were being built so installation access was never an issue however after the fact could be next to impossible. That being said, teeing into any cold water line is all it takes which is a very easy process with todays quick disconnects.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

RickyBobby380
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby RickyBobby380 » May 24th, 2022, 9:16 am

Yeah, the lines that used to go to the water heater run right under one of the locations I have picked out.
So it will be an easy short run to tie it in.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » May 24th, 2022, 11:02 pm

Remember to put a check valve in before the inlet of the freshwater tank if there is not one there already. If not, you will over fill your tank make a wet mess.
:-D

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 25th, 2022, 6:00 am

The fresh water pump is the check valve so nothing extra required. If the check valve in the pump were to leak, then the pump would continually cycle on, build pressure and the once the pump turns off, the pressurized line would leak back into the tank and start up again in an endless circle. ;-) Inlets designed for boats do have a check valve built into them but this is at the inlet however this is so water does not go squirting out when using the water pressure pump.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Postby Tireless » May 25th, 2022, 9:53 am

Carver installed my shorewater inlet on the Port side of my boat. The Starboard side of my boat is on the dock at my home slip, so the shore water hose runs down the dock and across my swim platform. Clutters things up and is a bit of a trip hazard.

As a result, this past weekend, I ordered a second Shureflo regulator on Amazon and installed it on the Port side of my boat. Cleans thing up a lot, so now I have shore water access on both sides of the boat. Very simple hook up. Used a (whale) 15 mm “T” connector to interrupt the line going to the Port side regulator and a whale elbow, 15 mm to 1/2 inch threaded connector on the end of 15 feet of 15 mm pex. The shorewater regulators have a built in check valve to prevent a pressurized line from leaking out. The “whale” fittings are a quick connect type and made the job quick and easy and what was available at my local marine shop. They are the same as the Sea-tech fittings and others on the market.

Before you move forward on your project, understand the diameter of your boats internal water lines. They will be more than likely 15 mm or 1/2 inch.

Works like a dream at a minimal expense.

Greg

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”