Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Grey Water Tank hose access

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
DLOtten
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 450 Voyager

Grey Water Tank hose access

Postby DLOtten » July 3rd, 2022, 1:59 pm

:banghead:
I have a 2002 Carver 450 Voyager.
I have a grey water tank draining into my aft bilge.
The connection at the discharge port is solid. Same at the grey water tank. From the discharge port, the hose disappears into a tunnel and I can't find any other access to it until it hits the tank. Any ideas on how to find/access this leak.

United States of America
Coldcruisin
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: Grey Water Tank hose access

Postby Coldcruisin » July 7th, 2022, 8:04 pm

Whre is your tank located? Mine is in the floor of the master. Make sure your sump switch is on in the engine room. If not, the tank is designed to overflow into the rear bilge where the bilge pumps will eject the overflow.

Topic author United States of America
DLOtten
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 450 Voyager

Postby DLOtten » July 8th, 2022, 10:41 pm

Thanks. Mine is also in the master. I hear the pump turn on and water flowing at the tank. But it is not going overboard, instead into the bilge. Nut I cannot find a leak anywhere.

United States of America
Blessed_C's
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 530 Voyager with Cummins 6CTA8.3-M2

Postby Blessed_C's » February 20th, 2023, 4:40 pm

I have a Voyager 530 with a gray water tank under floor in master cabin. Where is the pump? I don't think it is working and seems to be draining into the bilge. Do you know specs for replacing?

United States of America
thisDave
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 570
Twin Volvo D12 650

Postby thisDave » March 21st, 2023, 10:44 pm

Blessed_C's wrote:Source of the post I have a Voyager 530 with a gray water tank under floor in master cabin. Where is the pump? I don't think it is working and seems to be draining into the bilge. Do you know specs for replacing?

In mine, the pump is actually inside the gray water tank. There's a float switch inside as well that triggers it. Soap and grime accumulates from time to time, we clean and vacuum it out at least once a year.

United States of America
warren.corbin
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Voyager 450

Postby warren.corbin » April 28th, 2023, 8:33 pm

ColdCruisin, I’m new owner of 99 Voyager 450. In engine compartment last weekend changing filters and looking around. Noticed “Sump” breaker. It was off. I wondered what that switch controlled. Your post indicates it’s tied to gray water system. Can you explain?

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”