Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

V A C U. FLUSH

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: V A C U. FLUSH

Postby Viper » July 27th, 2022, 9:03 pm

:down:

United States of America
Wsullivan71
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 404 Motor Yacht

Postby Wsullivan71 » October 11th, 2022, 12:56 pm

Anybody know what size duckbills are in a 2001 Carver 404 CPMY? I know I have to replace them and would like to order new ones before I go back to my boat. It's the original Vacuflush toilet and can't hold a vacuum anymore. I'm also considering switching to the newer quiet motors. Any good tips on where to buy?

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » October 11th, 2022, 2:11 pm

I can't answer that question on the duckbill size, but....

For all you "VacuFlush" folks, here's something to keep in mind:

If you ever get to the point where the vacuum motor is tripping the breaker and won't run....

.... cut the red and black wires going from the motor to the connector and then connect them the "other way around", so that red goes to black and black goes to red. The motor will then run "backwards", but it doesn't really matter to the pump mechanism which way the motor goes, because the bellows still just go up and down. This could get you through a weekend or could get you several more years before you'd have to replace the motor. The gear mechanism got too worn and gets hung up going the same direction. Switching directions gives you fresh surfaces to use inside there.

Just something that might save a weekend or a day on the water and still give you "facilities" to use.

United States of America
KyleR
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

Postby KyleR » October 11th, 2022, 5:03 pm

Anybody know what size duckbills are in a 2001 Carver 404 CPMY? I know I have to replace them and would like to order new ones before I go back to my boat. It's the original Vacuflush toilet and can't hold a vacuum anymore. I'm also considering switching to the newer quiet motors. Any good tips on where to buy?

It really depends on which vacuum generator you have. Mine still had the manufacturer's label. I will try to find the pic I took when I get home and reply with my model number. I have a 2002 396 so we are in the same era for manufacture dates.

I ordered my replacement parts (bellows, o-ring kit and duck bills) from AquaStar Distributors. They weren't the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I've heard some bad stories about the "knock-off" bellows and duckbills found on amazon so take that for what it's worth. All of AquaStar's stuff was Dometic branded so that made me feel better. Plus, I ordered on a Wednesday and had the parts in-hand on Friday - very quick turnaround!

To answer your question on size, IF your vacuum generator is the same as mine, it uses 1.5" duckbills (four total). And if you decide to replace the bellows, make sure to order the o-ring kit too. It is separate.

Hope that helps!
Kyle
MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

United States of America
KyleR
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

Postby KyleR » October 11th, 2022, 6:34 pm

Here are pics of the model vacuum generator I have, as well as the part numbers I ordered from AquaStar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

Topic author United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Postby tonyiiiafl » October 12th, 2022, 2:09 am

For such a job as this, NO AMAZON parts! Even if both may be branded in CHina, OEM so it is not done again too soon!

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » October 12th, 2022, 8:57 am

tonyiiiafl wrote:Source of the post For such a job as this, NO AMAZON parts! Even if both may be branded in CHina, OEM so it is not done again too soon!

I agree, it is sad that we have to be wary of things this way with so many dishonest actors around.... :-O
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Wsullivan71
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 404 Motor Yacht

Postby Wsullivan71 » February 10th, 2023, 4:06 pm

I have a 2001 Carver 404 CPMY and it has 1.5" duckbills, I just renewed them.

https://marinesan.com/vacuflush/vacuflu ... ance-kits/

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”