Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Grey water?

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
Boathooked
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355

Grey water?

Postby Boathooked » April 14th, 2014, 8:45 am

OK so this is going to be a very silly question but one I need to ask....where does the "grey" water go on my Carver 355?

I have two holding tanks, 18 gallons each, forward and aft. I have been staying about for the weekends with my girlfriend and have had her taking Navy-showers as I was concerned about filling up my holding tanks too fast (36 gallons is not a lot!).

This weekend when her kids were aboard I was on the dock and saw water getting pumped over the side, yet the A/C was not on and the bilge is bone-dry so I was seriously freaking out. When I asked one of the girls what they just did she said she just washed her hands in the sink. After doing some research it seems that grey water just gets discharged, not stored....can it be true? If so my GF will be VERY happy to know she can actually take a real shower again when on the boat! LOL

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Re: Grey water?

Postby Ramsport47 » April 14th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Unless it has the optional grey water holding system, all of your sink and shower water goes overboard either directly from the sinks or through the "shower sump" boxes located near each head. Keep in mind, when flushing the toilets, that you are flushing quite a bit of water through with your waste, so 36 gallons will fill pretty quickly
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”