Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

AC water pump/ strainer and valve location ?

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
REPOSE
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver 2827 Voyager

AC water pump/ strainer and valve location ?

Postby REPOSE » August 25th, 2023, 10:17 am

Just put my new to me Carver 2827 Voyager in the slip yesterday , having trouble finding the thru hull connection and pump. There is no water flow through the unit and there for is not cooling. Thank you in advance for your help.

United States of America
dtcom
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1993 Mariner 330

Re: AC water pump/ strainer and valve location ?

Postby dtcom » August 25th, 2023, 11:18 am

REPOSE wrote:Source of the post Just put my new to me Carver 2827 Voyager in the slip yesterday , having trouble finding the thru hull connection and pump. There is no water flow through the unit and there for is not cooling. Thank you in advance for your help.

I don't know if this helps, but I have a Mariner 330. The thru hull is just outside the head, starboard side. There are 2 hatches outside the head to remove.
The filter on mine is a glass canister on the port side. Every time I have put the boat in, the filter needs to be cleaned.
Do you hear the pump running?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: AC water pump/ strainer and valve location ?

Postby bud37 » August 25th, 2023, 11:59 am

REPOSE wrote:Source of the post Just put my new to me Carver 2827 Voyager in the slip yesterday , having trouble finding the thru hull connection and pump. There is no water flow through the unit and there for is not cooling. Thank you in advance for your help.

Welcome to the forum.....where is your AC unit located on that boat ?
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”