Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Water Supply Access from Cabin to Flybridge?

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author Canada
GFB
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 350 Mariner

Water Supply Access from Cabin to Flybridge?

Postby GFB » August 31st, 2023, 3:25 pm

Hello
I have a Carver 350 Mariner 2001. Does anyone know how to get physical access to water supply tubing going from the water pump up to the sink in the flybridge? I can only get access up until behind the cabin sink, no visibility/access to going vertical. Trying to get access to the tubes going vertical to that sink. Appears I have a lead on the water supply to that sink.

Many thanks in advance

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Water Supply Access from Cabin to Flybridge?

Postby bud37 » August 31st, 2023, 4:06 pm

Open up the space behind the bow jump seat.......go in there and you will see the hoses/piping to the bridge sink and ice maker....the air conditioner/ ducts and the back of the dash access.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » August 31st, 2023, 4:28 pm

Are you sure it's the tubing and not a fitting at the top or bottom that's leaking? Where do you see the leak?

Topic author Canada
GFB
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby GFB » August 31st, 2023, 7:47 pm

Hi

Thanks for the ideas, already been behind the jump seat, nothing leaking from that angle. My only reason for thinking it is the vertical tubing is all other areas including the hot water heater are dry as a bone, but the forward bilge is filling up slowly (thank god for the auto bilge pump).
I can see behind the cabin sink, nothing to find there, the only other place I can think of is the vertical pipes upwards has cracked and is leaking, therefore filling the forward bilge area and setting of the bilge pump.

Tomorrow I am emptying out the water from the tank, filling it a little, adding red food dye to see where the colour goes.

I simply cannot find a way to get at those two vertical rising pipes to see if they are cracked.

And nowhere else is obvious at all. I've ripped apart the rest of the boat tracing the lines. BTW the rear shower lines etc are all dry as a bone as well...

Again any hints appreciated.

Ripping my hair out

Oh BTW the boat is going up for sale on Monday, great time to have a leak :banghead:

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » August 31st, 2023, 7:56 pm

The other line that goes down over there is the discharge water from the AC.....another question ....does your freshwater pump cycle as if it is losing pressure ??

Who are you listing with ?
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Canada
GFB
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby GFB » August 31st, 2023, 8:40 pm

Yes it cycles as if it is losing pressure. I thought maybe the pump itself is the problem but the bilge is filling up only when the pump is on, moving water.
I checked the AC, happens when the AC is not on...
I'll be listing with Village Quay marina, where I am now. My home marina.
very frustrated.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » September 1st, 2023, 7:11 am

Like Viper said, check all the fittings in the line. If you have the nylon/plastic type, they do dry out. I had that issue on my previous boat. There was a fitting near the hot water tank that would fail annualy. Strange but true, just that one, at the same location. They are easy to replace. Not easy to find. Just look around for a small drip from the fitting. Good luck. These are the most frustrating issues. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » September 1st, 2023, 8:02 am

The water line from the potable water tank to the bridge will normally run up the arch as this is the main gateway for all electrical, hydraulics and water. Open up the arch access plate and you should find the line/s there. That being said, I doubt the water would be running down the arch to the forward bilge. The above info is based solely on the way our Carver is built so yours may be different.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » September 1st, 2023, 10:38 am

Midnightsun wrote:Source of the post The water line from the potable water tank to the bridge will normally run up the arch

Totally different design on this particular boat.

GFB, have you checked behind the microwave and the hanging locker wall........these liner style boats can be a challenge , I sympathize...

If it turns out to be behind all that stuff.....get some new hose and fish it thru, just leave the old up section there, chances are the old will be zip tied back there somewhere unreachable.....you will only need one line as there is no hot water up there.

Your dye test should be fruitful though, good luck with your sale.

Topic author Canada
GFB
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby GFB » September 8th, 2023, 7:52 pm

Hi all thank for the help. After a couple of days of messing around we somehow have managed to solve this. I have absolutely no idea how.
Pump is not cycling anymore and the leak seems to have stopped.

So no further action on this one, thanks everyone!

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”