Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Can anyone identify this hose ?

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
JeffandErin
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1984 Carver 3607 Aft Cabin

Can anyone identify this hose ?

Postby JeffandErin » October 7th, 2023, 2:20 pm

I found this hose under the dinette in the same compartment that has my black water holding tank for the forward head (port side).

This hose passes through the compartment and is not part of plumbing for the forward head.

This hose passes under the dinette floor and appears to go into the same compartment as the salong AC unit underneath the forward dinette seat. However, looking in the AC compartment I cannot find this hose, so I assume that it must be under the floor supporting the AC.

Following the hose aft, it passes through the bulkhead and passes into the engine compartment (again port side).

I was unable to easily ID in the engine compartment from the center hatchway - and the Admiral has her couch over the top of the port engine hatchway.

I can move the furniture around and gain access to chase it further - was hoping that someone would know what it was for
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Can anyone identify this hose ?

Postby Viper » October 7th, 2023, 5:21 pm

There's only a few things that one would use that type of hose for;
- bilge blower
- HVAC (AC and heat) though it's best to have the insulated type
- exhaust venting for the head
- Exhaust venting for the galley
- washer/dryer venting
- windshield defrost venting, etc.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » October 7th, 2023, 9:31 pm

It is the exhaust vent hose for the fwd head. There should be another compartment just to the port side of that compartment and there should be a rectangular access hatch under the cushion. You'll see that hose enter that compartment, then turn aft and go through the main bulkhead. Right behind that bulkhead would be the head exhaust fan. You can access it by the cubbyholes on the port side of the salon. There's a shelf in there that has to be removed, then there are two panels, each held in by four screws (one in each corner).

The aft cubbyhole has the same setup and in there you'll find the vent fan for the aft head.

Topic author United States of America
JeffandErin
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1984 Carver 3607 Aft Cabin

Postby JeffandErin » October 8th, 2023, 1:55 pm

Thank you, thats exactly what it is

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”