Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

88 4207 forward head plumbing

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
AnotherRebel
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 4207 twin 454s

88 4207 forward head plumbing

Postby AnotherRebel » November 19th, 2023, 1:32 pm

I am pulling out what little hair I have left dealing with the plumbing on this boat! I have been working on replacing the sanitation hoses on the forward head for 2 days now and the 1.5 inch discharge hose was apparently pinched under the shower pan when Carver assemble the boat and there is no really good way to run new hose that I can see. Mainly just venting, but if anyone else has tackled this job, I'm all ears on possible solutions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 88 4207 forward head plumbing

Postby km1125 » November 19th, 2023, 6:14 pm

Kinda hard to see in the pic, but if the hose was flexed down (at least in the way the pic is oriented here) that there might be more room to slide the hose?

Are you attaching the new hose to the end of the old hose and PUSHING the new hose while the old hose is gently pulled to guide the new hose?

Topic author United States of America
AnotherRebel
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 4207 twin 454s

Postby AnotherRebel » December 23rd, 2023, 2:59 pm

I ended up using a fish tape and running new hose from a separate area under the cabin sole. It was a real pain in the backside but it is all finally done. That hose in the picture was completely stuck in place. I just cut and capped both ends of the old hose and tucked it away in the bulkhead.

United States of America
Finz2Right
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 4207 1987

Postby Finz2Right » January 2nd, 2024, 10:32 am

I am late to the party but finished the aft head last week on our 4207 and am putting a game plan in to run the forward lines this month.

Any words to the wise?

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”