Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Vacuflush model 858 bowl leak

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
Bentone23
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1996 Carver 355 Aft Cabin
454 xli TBI Crusaders

Vacuflush model 858 bowl leak

Postby Bentone23 » May 26th, 2024, 4:53 pm

I have 2 Vacuflush toilets in m 1998 Carver 355. I rebuilt the aft head latest year. New ball valve, bowl seals were done then. Bowl has leaked since.. Eeewww! So, today I replaced the water valve which has been dripping. I moved the bowl, so I think the clamp was loose. I pulled the bowl and found white crusty stuff n both rubber and Teflon gasket. Took them outside and scrubbed them clean. I lined up the notch and installed the thin one with smaller circle in the middle first with this side up, then the thick rubber seal with smaller hole on top, lining the notch. I put the plastic collar back on, centered the bowl, then cinched down the clamp. The bowl doesn’t move. The water is holding vacuum and pump shuts off. When I push the pedal down, some water seeps out at the bottom of the pedestal.

The model toilet I have is an 858. It’s 1998 vintage. I purchased the set without drain holes. I noticed the after year 2000 uses no drain holes. Is this my issue? Do I need drain holes?

Bruce
Bruce Bennett
Bentone23@sbcglobal.net
1996 355 Aft Cabin
Central California
Boating on the Delta and SF Bay

United States of America
seaweed
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 356 AC

Re: Vacuflush model 858 bowl leak

Postby seaweed » May 30th, 2024, 12:40 pm

Use bowl seal kit #385316140 with over flow holes for model years 2000 or older.
Are you sure that your model # is 858 instead of 848?

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”