Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

444 CMY Power Question

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author United States of America
jmalgieri
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 44 Carver Cockpit Motor Yacht
Sereni-Tee
Haverstraw, NY

444 CMY Power Question

Postby jmalgieri » November 2nd, 2014, 2:18 pm

I want to change the 2 50 amp 125volt receptacles to one 50 amp 250 volt receptacle so that I do not have to use an adapter all the time. Any idea on how I would wire this? Do I gang the 2 lines together? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 CARVER 456 MY
Full Bridge and aft deck enclosure
Originally purchased in Staten Island
Second owner also purchased in Staten Island in 2012
Now berthed in Toronto Canada
A wonderful and fully appointed luxury yacht.

Re: 444 CMY Power Question

Postby SHEMP » November 7th, 2014, 8:08 am

Hi there ,
I have a single 50 amp Shore cord on my 456. I understand why you want to make your change but highly recommend that you hire a Marine Electrician to do the job. The factory cabling probably runs directly to your 120V panel in the Salon .
The probability of an Electrical fire is quite high if the job is not done properly .
Also , on a future Survey , The Surveyor will notice any work that is not safe. You might have to redo any work that is not to ABYC Standards.
Victor

Return to “Electrical”