Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Battery cut over switch

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
Sal1953
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 carver 466

Battery cut over switch

Postby Sal1953 » September 27th, 2015, 6:13 pm

Does anyone know where the dual start switch is on a carver 466. I have a 2004. One large battery will not take a charge

Jeff Thornton
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 2757 Montego CDRH5049J889, 1974 Ericson E27, 1996 Avon - Sea Rider -SR6 (Rigid Hull Inflatable) and a Nordica 16.

Re: Battery cut over switch

Postby Jeff Thornton » October 3rd, 2015, 7:01 pm

I think some of the basic information is lacking in the Carver Manuals such as this. I am sure the dealers do the walk through with new buyers but it is nice to have reference material.

Jeff Thornton
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 2757 Montego CDRH5049J889, 1974 Ericson E27, 1996 Avon - Sea Rider -SR6 (Rigid Hull Inflatable) and a Nordica 16.

Re: Battery cut over switch

Postby Jeff Thornton » October 3rd, 2015, 7:24 pm

This is what it says in section E of my manual.

"The Battery Selector Switch (see the Locator Drawing in Section O for the exact location of the Battery Selector Switch) that is provided on models with two batteries enables DC power to be used from either or both batteries.

Guess what is NOT in Section O? No Locator Drawing. Neither with my original manuals or the downloadable ones from Carver.

If the Carver Moderator reads this, it is a 1989 2757 Montego.

Jeff

Return to “Electrical”