Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Shore Power Question

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: Shore Power Question

Postby tomschauer » December 22nd, 2018, 11:51 pm

The helm main should be down below. It is next to the battery switches on my 355. It may be in your main panel if not next to the battery switches on your 356.

United Arab Emirates
goldking
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 CARVER 366 Hull ID : CDRR4016H203

Postby goldking » January 1st, 2021, 11:59 am

Happy New Year to all !!
I purchased a 2003 CARVER 366 boat from FL and took it overseas.
To my surprise I cannot find the inlet to connect the shore power lead... I read various posts and it says there are 2 inlets for shore power on a CARVER 366 but I cant find even one... its really frustrating. Can someone please help me ? A detailed location of the shore power inlet or a picture will be of great help.
Also the boat is of US specs so its 110V shore inlet and now I have power which is 220-240V ... any easy and cost effective solutions how to convert power.
Thanks and regards,
F.Merchant

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » January 1st, 2021, 12:51 pm

I'm sure someone with that specific model will be able to weigh in and let you know, but I'd look at both aft corners of the boat. There's a compartment there somewhere that the plugs go into.

You can get an isolation transformer that would convert a 220-240V VAC line into two 120VAC lines. You could either build it into the boat and convert the boat plug to a 240V or just use it inline with the cordset.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » January 1st, 2021, 1:42 pm

The top two stairs from the swim platform should flip up, on two hinges. This is on the port side. Flip steps up and there you go! Good luck! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “Electrical”