Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

50 125 Pedestal Connectors

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Serendipity
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 405

Re: 50 125 Pedestal Connectors

Postby Serendipity » March 22nd, 2019, 10:32 pm

Bud37 he does seemed experienced, owns a 250k newer houseboat I would surmise and is in France for 2 weeks at the moment on vacation.

So I am waiting on him to return but I am going to share these comments just to be on the safe side.
Thanks for your advice :worthy: :beergood:

Topic author United States of America
Serendipity
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 405

Re: 50 125 Pedestal Connectors

Postby Serendipity » February 16th, 2020, 9:33 pm

Just an update after replacing the terminals on the concrete pier where I slip my boat. I was told by one of the best electricians in the area, who is a buddy, a friend; there is absolutely no way electrically possible for these terminals to affect my refrigerator getting cold. Fridge was new and about 4 months old but intermittently would not cool. Had to be the thermostat because the fridge doesn't pull enough power to make a difference.

Someone on this forum stated, the terminals could make the difference, so we replaced them for the hell of it to make me feel better.

Well almost a year later, the fridge works flawlessly after the terminals were replaced. It hasn't not cooled once and no thermostat or anything was ever changed on the fridge.

Always, always trust this forum, because each boat has little secrets someone has already discovered.

I hope this helps someone down the road and financially support this forum as I do. They are worth their weight in Gold.
Thanks

Return to “Electrical”