Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

maxwell P19220 Up/Down Remote Panellight indicator

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

maxwell P19220 Up/Down Remote Panellight indicator

Postby cpoint » April 22nd, 2019, 12:29 am

Hi all, here we are back to another season. First trip out today, all is well for first time in years. smooth as can be. engines started up on first try. I know you are saying probably, why should they not :) but if you look at my older post, its been hell. Anyway, getting back to a new issue, hope it is not an issue though. I have maxwell P19220 Up/Down Remote Panel light indicator I noticed was on as I was locking up the boat for the week. I never notice the light before being on. It is a red light, which is labeled power on. There is no button to power off/on. The only button is on left of it which is up/down switch. Which I tested was working. Also up front the foot buttons also seemed to work. While out we did not use it, so not sure what point the light came on. But when I left the light was on. I been looking online for a documentation on it, non found, I guess it is out dated. there are couple places have it. Not sure anything is wrong with it that I should replace. Any ideas from anyone if I need to do anything about it? any suggestions? I won't be heading out there till the weekend. Thanks in advance.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: maxwell P19220 Up/Down Remote Panellight indicator

Postby bud37 » April 22nd, 2019, 7:25 am

Open the winch breaker.... ( do you have the big red button ).... and see if the light goes out....good you had a nice first trip out...... :down:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » April 22nd, 2019, 12:45 pm

bud37 wrote:Source of the post Open the winch breaker.... ( do you have the big red button ).... and see if the light goes out....good you had a nice first trip out...... :down:

There is a red big button under stairs (where bilge breakers and battery switch is). should I push or pull that? So the light normally should not be on, because never seen it on before. Maybe it was suppose to be on, the boat started fixing itself now :)

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » April 22nd, 2019, 1:10 pm

Might say on the panel, I believe it is push on/ pull off.......now this thing takes a fair bit of force to pull out and does not move very much at all......you have to listen carefully for the click....if they have not been operated in a while they can be a bear.....just try the windlass when you think you got it off, then for sure you will know.

I dont really know about the light but try that and see what happens, maybe there is mention in the manual.

Good idea to work these things every so often, then they are smooth.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » April 22nd, 2019, 2:24 pm

Bud, thanks. Only used it 2-3 times, seems to work alright, wife does not like anchoring. I will try as you suggest. I guess it should be off position when not in use, so you do not accidentally get it down while in motion. I think there was an issue with the light before and was never on, but anchor was live always, which made me nervous. So something made the light to finally work, hence made me think. so I guess I need to keep it off unless it is needed. Thanks for your input.

Return to “Electrical”