Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

DC to DC charger or FET isolator for thruster

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: DC to DC charger or FET isolator for thruster

Postby bud37 » July 18th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Well, I ended up tearing out the 10 awg.... :-O ...charge wiring they installed and replaced it with 6 awg., fused at the thruster battery bank with an mrbf.

I did install a Victron argo 200amp fet isolator in the positive cable and so far it seems ok...... runs cool and the charge is getting thru with only a very minimal voltage drop. It does seem to be a nice piece but I never did receive any tech help, even after phone calls and e mails with drawings.... :banghead:

End of saga. :down:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “Electrical”