Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 3067 1989

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
jhoran1046
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego Model 3067

Carver 3067 1989

Postby jhoran1046 » August 26th, 2019, 11:00 pm

The boat has been doing great all summer without issues except for this weekend. I opened up the engine hatches to check everything before I took it out and the bilge had a lot of water in it. I grabbed the boat hook and flipped the float switch up and nothing happened. I went on the bridge and flipped the switch and nothing. I checked the inside bilge and the same thing happened. I flipped the breakers (including the main one) and I checked again, no luck. On a hunch, I checked the bilge blower, the navigation lights, and the spotlight. None of these things worked. However, the stereo, the interior lights, and the head worked. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fuse someplace or another DC breaker. I am going to try to trace everything out with a multimeter tomorrow evening, but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any ideas or tips.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: Carver 3067 1989

Postby tomschauer » August 26th, 2019, 11:31 pm

Not sure about your boat, so just an idea. I believe most of the items you are talking about are controlled from the bridge. Many boats, including my own have a "bridge main" breaker usually near the battery switch, and a sub panel on the bridge that controls most of the described accessories.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » August 27th, 2019, 11:06 am

Sounds like a wire broke or came lose. Your aft bilge should be direct connect, so the only way it would not operate is if the batteries are off or dead, or the float and/or the pump is dead. Same with CO2 detectors. The other items, blowers, lights, and spotlight, are all on breakers. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Topic author
jhoran1046
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego Model 3067

Postby jhoran1046 » September 12th, 2019, 2:42 am

I found out that the previous owner did some creative wiring. After getting that straightened out everything else worked except the aft bilge pump. I discovered that the push in a breaker for the aft bilge pump near the battery selector switch has gone bad. I'm trying to figure out where I can find a replacement at the moment.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » September 12th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Those breakers should be available at any decent marine store. They too have a life cycle, especially when someone messes with creative wiring. Glad you're up and running. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
jsobel
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 36' Carver Aft Cabin with Crusader big blocks

Postby jsobel » September 15th, 2019, 9:38 pm

I also have no 12 v power in my 1986 3607except for the windlass. The batteries all are showing good voltage. No power to the helm or any 12V accessories. Happened after trying to start the port engine and a big draw occurred for some reason.
Could this be the 50 amp breakers next to the battery switch? They are both popped out and won't stay pushed in. Not sure which way is on (pushed out or in)?

Appreciate any help you can give.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » September 15th, 2019, 11:00 pm

jsobel wrote:Source of the post I also have no 12 v power in my 1986 3607except for the windlass. The batteries all are showing good voltage. No power to the helm or any 12V accessories. Happened after trying to start the port engine and a big draw occurred for some reason.
Could this be the 50 amp breakers next to the battery switch? They are both popped out and won't stay pushed in. Not sure which way is on (pushed out or in)?

Appreciate any help you can give.

You should start a new thread so we all don't get confused with the symptoms and any test results. When you do, post what you know about the configuration on your boat (batteries/switches, etc). I have an '83 3607.

Return to “Electrical”