Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

50 amp power y spec

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 50 amp power y spec

Postby bud37 » July 21st, 2022, 4:37 pm

Geaux Time wrote:Source of the post I'm being told that the one kickout indicates a 50A 125 plug and not a 125/250

Take some pics of your cord ends and fire off an e mail to marinco and see what their tech people have to say....can't hurt. It is a confusing issue to say the least....good luck.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 21st, 2022, 4:51 pm

Geaux Time wrote:Source of the post Thanks for this info. The female ends look correct (with the 2 kickout posts recepticles on each side), but the male side only appears to have 1 kickout post which would mean thats actually a 50a 125v only male end wouldn't it? The description says exactly what I need though

You mean this? Looks like two to me.

50A_connector.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 21st, 2022, 4:52 pm

bud37 wrote:Source of the post Is this what you are looking for ....check out the image...

https://www.marinco.com/en/p/165AY/Y-Ad ... e-To-2-50A

Looks like they have the wrong images. Those female ends look like 30A 125V connectors! The tab is inwards towards the center not outwards like the 50A connectors.

United States of America
Geaux Time
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Geaux Time » July 22nd, 2022, 9:30 am

km1125 wrote:Source of the post You can verify is this is correct for what you're trying to do, but based on your description I think it is if you use your two shore power cords. There is a different one if you want to use just one shore power cord and have the "Y" at the boat (has reversed male/female connectors). Either way you're still limited to the breaker on the shore service, so one might be more convenient than the other for you.

Not sure why that link doesn't show up... let me try it this way:
https://www.amazon.com/Amp-Up-Marine-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B07YCRS6KN/ref=sr_1_10?crid=SW3SBRB4AQFU&keywords=marine+50A+125%2F250+%22Y%22+adapter&qid=1658424075&sprefix=marine+50a+125%2F250+y+adapter%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-10

Just spoke with amp up tech support and, according to him, this is in fact what I need. But this is also the 3rd different splitter I've ordered lol. He did email me better pics of the terminals and it looks right. Should be here monday. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Electrical”