Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

12 volt marine cables

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Helmsman
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: Temporarily Boatless

12 volt marine cables

Postby Helmsman » January 23rd, 2020, 10:38 pm

I thought I would start a new thread as a bit of a sub-topic to the inverter and isolator thread.

I am researching places to buy cable. I have access to a crimping tool if I need one. I have found marine tinned cable at Jamestown Dist,, Fisherie Supply, Defender, and Best Boat Wire. I was wondering if there is a qualitative difference to the cabling sold ? Also, is there a place that is a go to, to buy cable, any of you have used? And finally, does anyone know a place that will make cables for you?

I am in the US.

Thanks for any help you can give.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: 12 volt marine cables

Postby g36 » January 23rd, 2020, 11:09 pm

You could make them easy enough since you have access to crimp tool. I made all mine and just bought parts to do so from these people. Or they can make them custom for you .They are on ebay also but here's a link to their store. https://www.genuinedealz.com/
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
Helmsman
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: Temporarily Boatless

Re: 12 volt marine cables

Postby Helmsman » January 24th, 2020, 9:59 am

g36 wrote:Source of the post You could make them easy enough since you have access to crimp tool. I made all mine and just bought parts to do so from these people. Or they can make them custom for you .They are on ebay also but here's a link to their store. https://www.genuinedealz.com/

Looks like exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!

Return to “Electrical”