Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

[26 command / 280] Request: picture of your panel

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

[26 command / 280] Request: picture of your panel

Postby Phrancus » November 3rd, 2020, 2:03 am

I'd like to know what the switch (fuses) panel originally looked like in my 1992 26 Command bridge / 280 Sedan bridge

Mine has a creative mess and as I'll have to rebuild the thing anyway, perhaps I can do that in style.

edit: I was initially looking for the fuse/switch panel but am also interesed in the 'dashboard' (dials around the wheel) edit II: 'helmpanel' as I found some remnants of a previous engine setup.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Phrancus on November 3rd, 2020, 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: [26 command / 280] Request: picture of your panel

Postby km1125 » November 3rd, 2020, 12:01 pm

Not sure if you mean the power panels or the helm panels.

Here's a couple I snapped off youtube. I've used that for a lot of ideas on other boats. When searching for your boat, you can also add "sedan bridge" as folks might not be as familiar with the term "command bridge". There are several videos on the 26 and 28.

Carver 26 Command Bridge_panel1.jpg

Carver 26 Command Bridge_panel2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Re: [26 command / 280] Request: picture of your panel

Postby Phrancus » November 3rd, 2020, 2:13 pm

Thanks for the pics and the tips. Looks like the DC panel I have is quite original after all. If that was made for 120V, it might be the reason why it shows very little voltage/amperes on 220V. Perhaps something blew (shunt is it?)

The left part I see a radio fitted where in mine there is a DIN space in the board onto which the rocker/fuse panels are mounted. Well, were supposed to be, didn't fit quite right so someone made it half-fit...
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Return to “Electrical”