Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

52 Sedan wiring schematic

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author United States of America
looperjohn38
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 54 Voyager

52 Sedan wiring schematic

Postby looperjohn38 » February 3rd, 2021, 8:11 am

The owner's manual for the 2021 52 Sedan is one of the best I've seen. The DC systems portion is outstanding for the owner/operator. Who ever collected and edited this owner's manual did a fine job.
What I'm looking for is the wiring schematic for this model - the basic schematic, not any specialized options package.
I've searched the web and I get a variety of wiring diagrams by nothing specific to the 52 Carver Sedan. Is there a wiring diagram out there that shows the DC circuit system layout?

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: 52 Sedan wiring schematic

Postby tomschauer » February 3rd, 2021, 9:10 am

For a new boat, I would have the dealer get the diagrams from Carver.

Topic author United States of America
looperjohn38
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 54 Voyager

Postby looperjohn38 » February 3rd, 2021, 9:58 am

Contacting a dealer is always a $$$, from my past experiences. I was looking for something on the web that is a freebee.
Thank you Tom for your response.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » February 3rd, 2021, 10:17 am

Welcome to the forum and Carver......just my opinion here , with a boat that new and of that value I think I would want to have the original schematics from the actual hull build if it were me.......Perhaps you could acquire them from the Carver plant, you never know, may be worth the call to build a relationship for later as one never knows what comes along....good luck with your new boat.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » February 3rd, 2021, 11:03 am

I've always felt carver was pretty helpful without trying to get $$$ when I've contacted them. Imo
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » February 3rd, 2021, 12:22 pm

Yep, contact Carver. Their customer service number is listed on your owner's manual. I seriously doubt they would have any fee for providing that to you. Probably just send a PDF. If you can't get an answer on the general number, due to low staff time of year, try 920-822-7248. Have your hull # in hand. If there is any unusual routing for whatever reason, at least you will have the version for that specific hull. Your dealer would really charge you? Share that with Carver/Marquis. They like to know which dealers are supporting their customers, consistent with Carver's culture. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » February 3rd, 2021, 2:10 pm

I was helping a friend recently on his 2015 Sea Ray 470. I was pretty impressed with the documentation that came with the boat. I don't know if the original owner had to pay extra for the electrical diagrams, but they were pretty nice.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » February 3rd, 2021, 4:42 pm

Some OEMs will only provide electrical diagrams to their dealers and certified repair providers. Don't know if that's the case with Carver. Some dealers will also not provide electrical diagrams to the general public even you buy a boat off them. In both cases, neither want anybody messing with the wiring, especially when the vessel is still under warranty.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » February 4th, 2021, 9:28 am

Wouldn't it be better to have some proper knowledge rather than having someone work on things without that knowledge, after all the owner has a substantial investment ? Also you could be stuck in areas where there is no expertise and repairs would have to be done properly where generic schematics just don't cut it.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » February 4th, 2021, 11:06 am

I agree, however some OEMs might have agreements in place and are very big on the importance of supporting their dealerships. They would rather direct customers to their dealerships where they know staff have been trained on their product. It's also in their best interest to help keep their dealers in business by steering work and inquiries in their direction.

Some basic wiring schematics are easily interpreted by the general public with a little electrical knowledge, but some can get pretty complicated for today's builds. I had electronics training in a previous life, I used to read schematics and do board level repairs, and I can tell you that some of today's boat wiring diagrams can be challenging to read and still require OEM support. Handing these over to an untrained person, even some marine technicians, can lead to more damage than good. As an experienced technician that has sought such technical support from some OEMs, even I get directed to contact dealerships, some OEMs won't even talk to you. The frustrating part is contacting a recommended dealership that ends up knowing less about their own product than you do and is of no use at all. If you think having a schematic will solve it all for you and indicate where wiring is routed through or where some electrical/electronic hardware is located, you may be disappointed as that's not always the case.

There are pros and cons here, in the end, I do understand why some proprietary documentation is withheld. Carver has always been pretty helpful for dealing with most inquiries themselves rather than directing customers to dealerships but not all OEMs are like that. We're pretty lucky!

Return to “Electrical”