Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 506 Pilot house and sun deck light switch?

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author United States of America
JBee
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 506, 2000

Carver 506 Pilot house and sun deck light switch?

Postby JBee » February 20th, 2021, 4:15 pm

Hey!
Can I get a little help? I just bought a Carver 506, 2000 and cannot locate the sundeck light switches. I found the courtesy lights along floor, panel lights and dome light but cannot find the ones on the enclosed aft sundeck. I’ve tried the two courtesy lights by pilot house stairs and the rocker switch for under water light to no avail. I even changed out all bulbs and tried all switches in the cabinet to the side of the helm. Also made sure all switches were on in box to the aft cabin. What the heck am I missing? Please help. Janice

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Carver 506 Pilot house and sun deck light switch?

Postby Viper » February 20th, 2021, 7:43 pm

Congrats and welcome aboard Janice. Hopefully someone with the same model/year will chime in soon with the answer.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » February 20th, 2021, 7:54 pm

Not sure about your 506, but on my 355 the switch is "hidden" pretty well inside and near the very top of the storage compartment next to the cabin door. You can't see it unless you get down and look up.
It's a push button switch on mine.
So I guess I am saying look hard!

Good luck!

United States of America
Carpediem
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: In process of buying 2000 506 with Volvo TAMD 74s

Postby Carpediem » February 22nd, 2021, 12:17 am

My 2000 506 sundeck and bridge ceiling lights are operated by two push button switches just above the hand rail for the steps. Make sure your breakers on the DC panel in the salon are all on and also check all of the breakers on the bridge port bulkhead behind the sliding plastic panels. Maybe a breaker is just switched off. If all of the breakers are on, you may need to start poking around with a Volt meter to start troubleshooting. We are really excited about closing on ours this week. The owner has been very gracious in allowing us to spend time on the boat during the escrow period so I have been able to really learn the systems. Good luck
Try to only boat where ducks don't walk

Topic author United States of America
JBee
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 506, 2000

Postby JBee » March 6th, 2021, 4:28 pm

Thanks so much for your responses! I found the problem. Someone unhooked the electrical wires to the switch. Now I have to fish around to find where the wires landed. Thanks so much for helping out. You guys rock. Stay safe stay happy, Janice

Return to “Electrical”