Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Kohler generator wont start

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

United States of America
hgauntt
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 380 Santego

Re: Kohler generator wont start

Postby hgauntt » May 26th, 2021, 11:01 am

Tried that. Didn't work.

United States of America
hgauntt
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 380 Santego

Postby hgauntt » May 26th, 2021, 11:10 am

Did that. Didn't work

Canada
JPGraphX
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Chaparral 330 2009

Postby JPGraphX » July 6th, 2022, 9:00 am

Did you find the issue? I have the same problem.

United States of America
JohnS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2003 350 Mariner

Postby JohnS » July 6th, 2022, 8:33 pm

I just had a issue with our 7.3 Kohler, ran for several hours then just stopped. Thinking it might have overheated i let is set for a day then tried to start, it would crank but not start. I checked and we had a half a tank of fuel but out of curiosity we went and fill up and the generator started right up. I'm assuming that the fuel pickup tube only goes down to half a tank on ours. I do plan on changing that to go to a quarter of a tank since we are on a inland lake. Hope this helps. :usa:

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 6th, 2022, 8:42 pm

JohnS.......I will tell you what I did with ours ( same boat ), got a piece of dowel and marked it with the tank height then marked it off in inches all the way, there are some extra tank access fittings you can remove to slip the dowel in to check the tank level against the gage reading......just double checks whether the gages are correct, ya never know.FYI.....be careful those are aluminium threads.

Thanks for posting what you found..... :down:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “Electrical”