Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Nav Lights - Sidelights stopped working

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Nav Lights - Sidelights stopped working

Postby km1125 » June 5th, 2021, 9:36 am

Thanks for posting the follow up.

You'd still be well advised to change out all those push-on connections with screw-down terminal blocks. The hardest part of that whole project was creating a mounting board and I went a little overboard to avoid using any screws that would show from the outside. You could easily mount a panel (starboard or wood) and screw it in from the backside and the screws would be still hidden under the seat cushions and you could use flathead screws so they would be flush with the fiberglass. Your lower helm has the same issue and I'd recommend the same modifications.

Topic author United States of America
hinzee623
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3607 Aft Cabin

Postby hinzee623 » June 7th, 2021, 8:44 am

km1125 wrote:Source of the post Thanks for posting the follow up.

You'd still be well advised to change out all those push-on connections with screw-down terminal blocks. The hardest part of that whole project was creating a mounting board and I went a little overboard to avoid using any screws that would show from the outside. You could easily mount a panel (starboard or wood) and screw it in from the backside and the screws would be still hidden under the seat cushions and you could use flathead screws so they would be flush with the fiberglass. Your lower helm has the same issue and I'd recommend the same modifications.

Noted...Thank you for the advice!

United States of America
CaptDenny
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 405

Postby CaptDenny » June 7th, 2021, 10:28 am

Maybe a silly question BUT you said that the ON/OFF switch is at your navigation station.
My 405 has the same BUT also has a breaker marked NAV LIGHTS at my main panel down by the gally. Do you have this?
GOOD LUCK

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » June 7th, 2021, 10:34 am

The 3607 does have a breaker for the nav lights, but it would provide power to the mast and stern lights as well as the sidelights. The switches at both helms are a three position switch, with up being 'nav', down being 'anchor' and the middle is off.

Return to “Electrical”