Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Rocker switch cover

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author United States of America
mitchellp
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 1989 38 Aft

Rocker switch cover

Postby mitchellp » October 23rd, 2021, 5:59 am

Hi,
I have to replace a engine room rocker switch, in the process of getting the switch out of the wall plate, the wall plate broke in half.
Having trouble locating a replacement. any suggestions where to look. It is on a 89 38' aft - dual plate - liquor cabinet switch and engine room.

thanks as always
Mitch

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Rocker switch cover

Postby km1125 » October 23rd, 2021, 9:56 am

A picture would definitely help. There are a lot of different plates that were used over the years. Unless someone knows that exact boat they wouldn't know what kind of plate you have. However, many other boats might have used the same plate.

United States of America
JohnS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2003 350 Mariner

Postby JohnS » October 31st, 2021, 6:48 am

Great Lakes Skipper has quite a few of the Carling switches, also found some on Ebay.

Topic author United States of America
mitchellp
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 1989 38 Aft

Postby mitchellp » November 1st, 2021, 4:19 am

Hi,
The switch is not the issue, the cover plate is.

Mitch

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » November 1st, 2021, 7:21 am

I haven't had to source one yet for mine but I'd start with the switch manufacturer, you can find that info on the switch along with the model of the switch, that might help in sourcing the cover/wall plate. Wouldn't surprise me if the switch was a Carling. I suspect an RV place would be able to get the plate.

Return to “Electrical”