Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

breakers

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author Canada
kinroshad
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 3607 carver aft cabin rear deck hardtop engines 454

breakers

Postby kinroshad » October 23rd, 2021, 11:04 am

on the main breaker there is one breaker marked waste treatment FWD anyone know what this switch is for Just bought the
1986 3607 and would like to find out what is for

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: breakers

Postby km1125 » October 23rd, 2021, 12:24 pm

I can't find pics of the panel right now, so I'm just going from memory. I think the panel had blanks that were marked for "waste treament" for FWD and AFT if you ordered those options. If you didn't, the panel was still marked that way but some previous owner may have just used the spot to add a new breaker for some other purpose. If you post a pic of the front and back of the panel it would be easy to figure out (not what the switch would do, just whether or not it was stock).

What type of heads do you have in the boat? The base model of the boat had manual heads both forward and aft. You could upgrade to electric-assist heads and there should be breakers for both the fwd and aft. A different option would have been a waste treatment which could be an overboard macerator. I don't think they had vacuflush or similar systems back then.

The forward waste tank is under the dinette seating, under the rear cushion. There is a hatch that you can look into to see if there's anything other than just the waste tank.

Topic author Canada
kinroshad
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 3607 carver aft cabin rear deck hardtop engines 454

Re: breakers

Postby kinroshad » October 23rd, 2021, 3:39 pm

thank you for that info I will look in to that to see if there is an thing under the seat and or if some thing has been else
has been added which I had not considered.

Return to “Electrical”