Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Low Shore Power Voltage Issue.

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Low Shore Power Voltage Issue.

Postby Viper » August 6th, 2022, 12:19 pm

Get everybody at the marina to actually shut their A/C units, water heaters, etc. off when they're away and you'll probably be just fine! I bet I can go to any large marina and find at least 20 boats running 3 A/C units each without the owners being present. It's a waste and frankly unwise, I've seen boats sink because of it. There's only so much power to go around. Between that, the marina's designed electrical capacity, and the utilities dropping output intentionally, you're bound to get brownouts. Those aren't good for a lot of circuit boards BTW. This is usually when we see A/C, fridge, charger, etc. boards fail.

Return to “Electrical”