Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

360 sport sedan shore power

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: 360 sport sedan shore power

Postby mjk1040 » May 9th, 2018, 6:26 am

I'll bet the engineer on that electrical hook up doesn't work on boats any more! Glad you were able to correct a design flaw. Have a gr8 season!
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Postby pepmyster » August 3rd, 2018, 6:12 am

Can you please post photos of the retro fit you did? Thanks. Andrew.

United States of America
taddly
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 360 Sport Sedan

Postby taddly » August 4th, 2018, 12:57 pm

pepmyster - I thought that I had several photos (actually I am sure I do, just can't find them). I just had the boat pulled out of the water to inspect & fix some prop damage that occurred when we struck a submerged log during our last trip down the Alligator River-Pungo River canal on the ICW.

I will take some new photos in about a week. It actually worked out well.

Question for you - how do you like the 360SS? Have you had it long? I pulled the Volvos last year & replaced them with Mercruisers. Much happier now. I also installed a stern thruster, Yacht Controller, & Yacht Commander this year. I'm doing cartwheels over that upgrade.
T & K Herron
2003 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
2017 MerCruiser 383 MAG Strokers
Name: Wild Herron

United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Shopping....

Postby CaptBob » August 4th, 2018, 1:12 pm

taddly wrote:Source of the post I pulled the Volvos last year & replaced them with Mercruisers. Much happier now.

Thread drift warning!

Now that's what I'd like to see pics of, How in the world did the port side main come out? There seems to be a fair amount of cabinets in the way. I really like ours (we have Merc 8.1s) but the thought of getting those engines out of there would make me start boat shopping!
Capt Bob!
More Nautiville 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
A little less Nauti 2008 SeaDoo 150 Speedster (Admiral could not live without a jet boat.... :captain2: )

Nautiville 2005 Cruisers 280 CXi *Sold*
Nautitown 2012 SeaDoo 180 SP *Sold*

Return to “Electrical”