Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Need 12v on Port side in the galley

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
Robbabob
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: ~Lake Time~
1990 Carver Montego 3257
Twin 7.4 ltr w/ V-Drives
7.4 Kw Kohler Genset

Need 12v on Port side in the galley

Postby Robbabob » September 30th, 2014, 5:09 pm

We just installed an HD tv antenna and need 12v for the booster. I found a lot of audio equipment under/behind the passenger seat, along with a route for the cable tv and nav light wiring. The problem is: I can only remove a cover that is already inside a stowage compartment to see in to the audio equipment location. No way to work around in there, though.

Can I remove the side seat to gain access? I only see two bolts in the stowage location that the seat would mount, both toward the bow.

Not sure how else I will get 12v to the booster location. Alternate location for the booster plate will be considered, too.

Any help will be appreciated!
Robb & Dottie Brewer
Chattanooga TN
~Lake Time~
1990 Carver Montego 3257
Twin 7.4 ltr Mercruisers

Return to “Electrical”