Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Range Exhaust Blower

Topic author United States of America
DanM
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Carver 396

Range Exhaust Blower

Postby DanM » February 18th, 2015, 8:44 pm

Needed to add a cook top exhaust blower without tapping into the cabinet space above. Off the shelf versions would not work due to dimensions and location of exhaust ports so I came up with this.

2015-01-24 17.21.33.jpg

2015-01-24 17.21.22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan

Carver 396
SugarSand Tango

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Re: Range Exhaust Blower

Postby AaHubb » February 19th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Interesting. What did you use for a fan and how well does the setup work?
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

Topic author United States of America
DanM
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Carver 396

Re: Range Exhaust Blower

Postby DanM » February 20th, 2015, 8:01 pm

I used a 3" Attwood bilge blower. It does a respectable job. Certainly not as good as the unit at home working through 8" ducts but it moves quite a bit of air and, except for a screw head I did not intrude on the cabinet above. I can tell you that using smothering candles at pan level it worked very well to evacuate the smoke. I have not been able to cook anything since the boat is on the hard.

Technical specifications state that "In system" the blower is rated at 90 cfm. However, with some of the additional installation restrictions it's actually moving less than that but still, it is a welcome addition over the previous passive flow towards the companion way on the other end of the saloon.
Dan

Carver 396
SugarSand Tango

Return to “The Project Center”