Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver Soft Goods

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Re: Carver Soft Goods

Postby Phrancus » May 17th, 2021, 2:38 pm

same here with the foam-backed vinyl. And also the 'wooly' fabric used on the walls.
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Canada
val1ca
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 320 Voyager

Postby val1ca » June 5th, 2021, 1:25 pm

I just bought a 1994 320 Voyager that needs a lot of attention: carpet, appliances drapes and sofa(bed) covers, Bimini covers, enclosures, etc.
Is anyone knows a place around Vancouver-BC that can be contacted?
Please and Thank you!

United States of America
RussL
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 396 Motor Yacht

Postby RussL » June 10th, 2021, 9:27 am

val1ca wrote:Source of the post I just bought a 1994 320 Voyager that needs a lot of attention: carpet, appliances drapes and sofa(bed) covers, Bimini covers, enclosures, etc.
Is anyone knows a place around Vancouver-BC that can be contacted?
Please and Thank you!

I think you will need to get the carpet, blinds/drapes, and Bimini custom made. I am in Seattle and have a good canvas guy in the San Juan Islands, but that won't help with the boarder closed. I am sure you can ask around in your marina. I'm sure there are people in Vancouver you could get. They will take off the one you have and make a pattern.

When you say carpet, are you talking about the carpet inside to boat, or the exterior carpets on your bridge, cockpit etc.? Interior you will have to find an installer who is willing to do it.... not super easy if people are busy. Exterior I struck out and ended up making a pattern, buying carpet, cutting it, and taking it to a carpet store to have the edging put on. You can buy a snap tool on Amazon to put the snaps in it when it is done. Sorry not what you were looking for I am sure, but that was my experience with my 2000 396.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 11th, 2021, 6:37 am

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new to you 320. I agree with Russ, the soft goods you mentioned will require custom fabrication through local providers. The carpet installation can be done by an installer for permanent wall to wall areas and patterned by yourself for other areas where you want to be able to remove it for cleaning, etc. If by appliances you mean things like the refrigerator, icemaker, hot water heater, stove, etc., any marine or RV retailer should be able to get those for you fairly quickly as there are a couple of large marine distributors in BC.

Canada
val1ca
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 320 Voyager

Postby val1ca » July 14th, 2021, 5:26 pm

I decided to make these a personal project. I'm looking to buy a sewing machine and start doing ourselves :-)

United States of America
RussL
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 396 Motor Yacht

Postby RussL » July 16th, 2021, 12:42 pm

I think the carpets and interior stuff is totally doable if you have the aptitude. I would pay to have the top done. The materials are expensive and it needs to be very precise. If you are not careful things will not fit back on your boat.

Great Britain
PossiblyPaul
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Hornbill III
1988 Carver 2827 Voyager,Volvo Penta TAMD31 engines.
Ardglass Marina, County Down

Postby PossiblyPaul » January 6th, 2022, 8:03 am

A long shot, but does anyone know whether there are still extant plans for the canvas covers for the Voyager 2827 anywhere?
I need to have a new one made (old one is very tatty now). Yes, I know I can crawl around with a tape measure, but it would be good to have the original plan to compare with.
Funga Safari

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » January 6th, 2022, 11:38 am

You can try this link and see if they would have the pattern for your application. They are not the original Carver tops manufacturer, but they do a lot of Carver replacements. I have their product on my 330 Mariner. At the time your vessel was built, Carver boat was doing their own cut & sew. Good luck. https://www.carvercovers.com/ 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
Bootlegger137
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Carver 396 ES
Volvo Penta 8.1 gasoline

Postby Bootlegger137 » April 11th, 2022, 12:29 pm

All,

The (outdoor) carpeting for my 2003 396 is falling apart. What I mean by that is the backing has, for the most part, turned to powder and is sluffing off. I have been told that I can apply rubber cement to the backing to fix it up. Has anyone out there tried this?

Return to “The Project Center”