Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Dinghy davit

Topic author
Norm
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 carver 406

Dinghy davit

Postby Norm » November 23rd, 2016, 3:39 pm

Looking for some pros and cons for dinghy davits to mount on my swim platform..am considering the Hurley H20 style. Would like to carry 11' RIB and be able to leave motor and fuel on dinghy. Approx weight 450lbs. 1999 carver 406.

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: Dinghy davit

Postby Lyndon670 » November 23rd, 2016, 6:49 pm

I am planning to purchase the H30+ at the Toronto Boat show for my Seadoo.

Remember, with the H20 system - you are pulling the weight of the tender up and out of the water SIDEWAYS onto your platform. A 450lb sideways haul in a tight confined space space such as a platform is not easy, especially fi you are doing it with just one person.

Also, I had a center console RIB until last year - BRIG. It weighed about 450lbs ready to go. Have a heavy rain and you can add a bunch more weight to that as they keep the water in as well as keeping it out.

I think that at 450lbs you are taxing the H20 - it may be in the upper limits of the H20 when its static, but I don't think you will have any margin for error.

For the price difference, ease of loading etc - look at the H30 standard.

JMHO
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

United States of America
quickdecision
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Carver 3807, 1987

Postby quickdecision » December 14th, 2016, 10:22 pm

Check out Jatco marine trilogy lift. One person on and off. 10 sec too launch and retrieve. Mounted under swim platform instead of on top. Allows use of platform to walk . About 4 years now. 11' brigg center console. 500 lbs with 25hp.

Ron

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » December 16th, 2016, 9:45 am

Intersesting, I have never heard of them.

I just checked out their website and their products. For me, it doesn't change my decision to go with the Hurley product. The Trilogy lift costs 3 times as much as the largest Hurley mount, and is not removable. They do have so nice engineering for sure, but they also are going to be much heavier.

The SeaWeed Tend Roller system is pretty much identical to the trilogy, except that it is made of high polished stainless steel instead of painted steel - and is almost half price.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Return to “The Project Center”