Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Securing new dining table

Topic author United States of America
Alyez
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver Mariner 350

Securing new dining table

Postby Alyez » May 11th, 2017, 9:15 am

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has replaced their dining table on a Mariner? We recently purchased our Mariner 350 and first project was a wood table in place of the old composite maroon one. I noticed there was caulk under the old table bottom and wondering if this step was necessary when attaching the new table?..I'd appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Securing new dining table

Postby bud37 » May 11th, 2017, 10:19 am

Welcome to the forum......

If you are referring to the underside of the table top itself, ours was like that too, but I think it was an attempt to help secure it better....the table top seems to take a fair load from the sides causing the screws to loosen.I repaired ours with a larger spacing block then glued it with construction adhesive and big screws. I guess if you take that into account when making a new one you will be fine...we will see....... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
Alyez
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver Mariner 350

Re: Securing new dining table

Postby Alyez » May 11th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Thanks bud37 for the warning and great advice

Return to “The Project Center”