Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Inverter and battery monitors installed

Topic author United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Inverter and battery monitors installed

Postby tonyiiiafl » July 23rd, 2017, 8:59 pm

Since owning our 1994 Carver 390 CPMY we have been very busy improving it, or as they say making it ours. A few of the things we have done is install a new 50amp battery charger with remote monitor, a battery monitoring system and lastly a 1000 watt inverter, as the Admiral likes her TV even at a mooring. I tried to place these monitors in the circuit breaker cabinet, but there was so little room and no room for error. SO, I wound up placing them at the bottom of the stairs where the battery selector switch is. This way I can check on them as I come up the stairs from the aft cabin. I finished this project today by installing the inverter. Note the 1/0 gauge cables, even though there is only a 6' run. They are connected to the 2 6V Golf Cart batteries for more reserve time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
ahandiman1
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 390

Re: Inverter and battery monitors installed

Postby ahandiman1 » February 11th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Nice looking job there. Where did you find room for the 6V golf cart batteries? This is a project I've thought about, but with everything so tight I haven't determined where I could put the batteries.

Canada
nightsky
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: '94 Carver 390 cpmy

Re: Inverter and battery monitors installed

Postby nightsky » February 16th, 2018, 7:54 pm

ahandiman1 wrote:Source of the post Nice looking job there. Where did you find room for the 6V golf cart batteries? This is a project I've thought about, but with everything so tight I haven't determined where I could put the batteries.

I put one 4D and six 6v golf cart batteries between the engine stringers. 3/4" plywood lying over top the batteries on the engine stringers so I can stand or lay on them to work around the engines while avoiding the battery tops and cable.

Return to “The Project Center”