Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 3607 door slides

Topic author United States of America
MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Carver 3607 MakinTIme
Glastron MX175 MakinTimeToo

Carver 3607 door slides

Postby MakinTime » January 2nd, 2018, 6:41 pm

My cabin sliding door going downstairs has always been tougher then I like when pulling it shut or opening it up, so I pulled it off last weekend and found a broken plastic slide that was probably making it tough. Also I wanted to refinish the door but there are just to many deep scratches in the wood top veneer so I am building a new door.

Finding the slides and tracks I need has been kind of tricky. Has anyone dealt with this on a 3607?
I will attach a pic of some door track and slides I found online but I would like other options. Any opinions on this? Some type of linear slide I think would work best but I dont know what to search online!
82503393-09C4-4B09-91FF-9C2D1E4D6815.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Carver 3607 door slides

Postby km1125 » January 3rd, 2018, 8:05 pm

What year is your 3607? Do you have the horizontal panel that slides forward under the helm seat? The earlier ones were like that but the later ones had a higher door with a different panel on top. Don't know exactly how those worked.

I have 1983. I have removed the panel and rebuilt it years ago... just replaced some of the teak around the sides. I didn't have a problem with the track or slides that were in it, but the two caps at the end cracked up. I made a couple replacements out of Corian but haven't put them on yet.

MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate

Postby MakinTime » January 5th, 2018, 6:54 am

Thanks for the response, mine is a 85 and it slides under the helm. I guess I am looking for a “Home Depot” slide solution other then spending $300 for the slides I listed above.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » January 5th, 2018, 6:56 pm

I think if I was retrofitting a sliding door, I might try to use a slide system that runs on a surface track and would be accessible for cleaning/maintenance, adjustment etc.........some people have been successful getting replacement parts from the box/ hardware stores. Should be lots of stuff for patio doors, have you considered a system like that ?

Something like this......https://www.primeline.net/product-categ ... r-hardware
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate

Postby MakinTime » January 6th, 2018, 9:02 am

I have not considered this! I like the idea, I will be going to Menards today to check this type of rolller and track system out!

Return to “The Project Center”