Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 38SS decking

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Carver 38SS decking

Postby bud37 » April 3rd, 2018, 3:59 pm

Looks good Peter.....nice job....... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Shopping....

Postby CaptBob » May 6th, 2018, 12:14 am

Well, we pulled the trigger.
Swim Platform
nautiville name.jpg

Down the Stairs from the Helm
IMG_20180505_180543 (002).jpg
IMG_20180505_180604 (002).jpg
IMG_20180505_180535 (002).jpg

It's nice and soft and comfortable on the feet!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Capt Bob!
More Nautiville 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
A little less Nauti 2008 SeaDoo 150 Speedster (Admiral could not live without a jet boat.... :captain2: )

Nautiville 2005 Cruisers 280 CXi *Sold*
Nautitown 2012 SeaDoo 180 SP *Sold*

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » May 6th, 2018, 11:26 am

Capt Bob, is that SeaDek or similar brand? If SeaDek, did you deal directly with them or did you go through a supplier/installer? Had an issue with an order a few years ago directly from SeaDek. Most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with but they were going through a huge growth at the time and I suspect vastly unprepared for it. Was wondering if that had changed recently. Good product but I stopped recommending it because of production/supply issues I experienced. Would recommend again if I knew things have gotten better there.

She looks great :down:

United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby CaptBob » May 6th, 2018, 1:23 pm

It is SeaDek.
Purchased from a (semi)local dealer/installer. I was quite happy (so far! :clap: ) with the process. They came up when they said they would, measured and digitized the area, came back about a week later, installed, returned a week later with some more sections that didn't fit quite right. There was one very small section (about 4 in x 4 in, right at the bottom of the stairs next to the cockpit wall) that they forgot, they measured it, made it, and returned to install it. (After Ive posted this pic, I really see why we did that..... The boat is not normally that dirty, that was before spring cleaning! Remember, we sit in the water all year long.)

platform measure.jpg

digitizer screen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Capt Bob!
A little less Nauti 2008 SeaDoo 150 Speedster (Admiral could not live without a jet boat.... :captain2: )

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » May 7th, 2018, 3:22 am

Really nice. Great job and very good looking on your boat.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 7th, 2018, 6:39 am

Looks like they did a nice job for you. :down: ....May I ask, is that an OEM swim platform ?
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby CaptBob » May 7th, 2018, 10:04 am

bud37 wrote:Source of the post ....May I ask, is that an OEM swim platform ?

Yes, it is the factory platform. We looked for a couple of 360SS when we found this one, (then we moved to where it was, instead of moving it back across the state! :beergood: ) They all had that platform.
Capt Bob!

United States of America
yardley99
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 44 MY

Postby yardley99 » June 3rd, 2018, 8:51 am

Looks great!!! it looks like your boat is kept under cover? in any case, I would love to have this done as well but wonder what happens when it rains? Are the mats wet for a long period of time after a rain storm? Do you have to pull them up to dry afterwards? This is why I don't utilize my carpets but rather use smaller mats that can easily be removed and stored prior to rain.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 3rd, 2018, 9:07 am

Those are permanently glued down (peel & stick). It's a high density foam product, you can push down on it right after a rain storm or wash and you won't get any water squeezing out of the core. It is good stuff but there are some drawbacks compared to the solid composites; because it's foam it doesn't last as long, it's not the product to have if you have large pets with claws, I've heard about some permanent staining from bird poop but haven't seen that yet. It also shrinks slightly so if you plan on caulking around the edges, it will pull away from the bead over time. On the plus side; it's an easy install and remains cool under your feet in the hot sun unlike the solid composites, because of it's texture in some of the patterns, it also remains fairly safe to walk on when its wet, the composites can get pretty slippery.

United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby CaptBob » June 3rd, 2018, 12:40 pm

Being covered, we have more worries about spider poop than bird poop. Surprising how much spiders poop. The secure feeling of moving up and down the stairs was worth the price of admission. Movement from swim platform to swim platform while rafted is also very appreciated. Very secure and comfortable to walk on, and so far, spider poop rinses off! Not as hot as I had feared, maybe the color. We have been out in a couple of pretty hot days and no discomfort. Will continue to report on it!
Capt Bob!

Return to “The Project Center”