Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1988 2897 Mariner - back to life!

Topic author Italy
sandro.klersy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 2897 Mariner 1988

Re: 1988 2897 Mariner - back to life!

Postby sandro.klersy » May 2nd, 2018, 1:27 pm

Another work in progress..I drew a stainless steel plates with autoCAD and send it to a web company that realizes everything with laser cutting to replace the original Carver plates of the fly courtesy lights. The old owner had thrown them and replaced with a RV outdoor lights that were not fit to stay outside and was not working....the new one have a outdoor stainless steel switch in order to keep functionality over the year...so now I must decide what color of light I will install...WHITE or BLUE What do you suggest?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 2nd, 2018, 3:19 pm

Nice! Blue is non functional so to say and you will eventually regret it, basically a LED fad IMHO. A dimmable warm white would be your best bet.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Shopping....

Postby CaptBob » May 3rd, 2018, 4:11 pm

There has been a fad among many boats around us to replace with blue leds for cockpit lights. They look really nice. I did red up on the bridge, and I am a bit ashamed to admit, however that I also followed suit for the steps and cockpit area. They do look nice.

However.. they do seem to attract bugs. Then somebody mentioned what color lights are in the center of bug zappers, a device designed to attract bugs.

Phooey. Maybe a nice shade of green is next.
Capt Bob!
More Nautiville 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
A little less Nauti 2008 SeaDoo 150 Speedster (Admiral could not live without a jet boat.... :captain2: )

Nautiville 2005 Cruisers 280 CXi *Sold*
Nautitown 2012 SeaDoo 180 SP *Sold*

Topic author Italy
sandro.klersy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 2897 Mariner 1988

Postby sandro.klersy » May 11th, 2018, 4:44 pm

Finally i have choose the cool white led light...i will show you how its finally look like
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » May 11th, 2018, 7:33 pm

Molto Bella Sandro :down:

Return to “The Project Center”