Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Potable Water/Raw Water Interconnect Modification

Canada
vineyardgray
Captain
Captain

Re: Potable Water/Raw Water Interconnect Modification

Postby vineyardgray » October 10th, 2019, 7:08 pm

Yes. :down:

I read this a good long while ago and had forgotten about it - this is a great project for springtime!!
M/V Gilded Splinter
1988 Carver
3867 Santego
PCYC

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » October 10th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Update, after another complete season it is performing perfectly. I did use the same filter element I have in my filter for potable water which is a 5 micron coconut/carbon unit as opposed to a 50 micron strainer. No issues at all and was used on several occasions this summer.https://www.amazon.com/Aquaboon-6-PACK-Micron-Coconut-Cartridge/dp/B01LYBM876/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2UKGPGXGWHYU&keywords=coconut%2Bfilter&qid=1679137918&sprefix=coconut%2Bfilter%2Caps%2C76&sr=8-4&th=1
Last edited by Midnightsun on March 18th, 2023, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
thatchh
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 396ES gas Crusader 8.1

Postby thatchh » July 12th, 2020, 3:08 am

Looks like a great solution! Unfortunately, I boat in salt water. My solution is a water maker. Just finished the installation and started making water last week, but I don't have a completely happy ending yet. A couple of minor leaks on factory fittings, but the access makes it rather painful. I also installed this solution under a bed (aft cabin). I will do a more complete report when I get the leaks fixed and the panels cut out of the end of the bed frame hinged and installed.

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » July 12th, 2020, 7:23 am

thatchh wrote:Source of the post Looks like a great solution! Unfortunately, I boat in salt water. My solution is a water maker. Just finished the installation and started making water last week, but I don't have a completely happy ending yet. A couple of minor leaks on factory fittings, but the access makes it rather painful. I also installed this solution under a bed (aft cabin). I will do a more complete report when I get the leaks fixed and the panels cut out of the end of the bed frame hinged and installed.

Great solution for polluted or salt water application. Please start a new thread with Water Maker installation title. Would be a great solution for many. Looking forward to see how they work and get installed. :down:
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “The Project Center”