Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2003 466 aft shower box pump not coming on when it should

United States of America
Happyours2
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 466 Hardtop with Volvo's

Re: 2003 466 aft shower box pump not coming on when it should

Postby Happyours2 » November 17th, 2020, 5:55 pm

My 466 has a typical float style switch in both the front and rear box. I replaced both centrifugal pumps with top mounted diaphragm pumps. I wish at the time I had replaced the float switches but by the time I got the pumps disconnected and out of the hole in the top of the tank my frustration level got the best of me. In regards to the rear tank I had to disconnect every hose and remove the tank straps in order to slide the tank forward to get any reachability into the tank. I found that my tanks had some sort of blobby rubber material floating around, the origin of which I couldn't identify. After pumping
I used a wet vacuum and a hose to clean the box and all has been well. Working within that rear box was an absolute struggle.
Good luck!

Topic author United States of America
dennis gasper
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 466

Postby dennis gasper » December 4th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Great advise thanks to all of you. What I did was empty the box then pour a gallon of odoban into the box then filled it with water and left it to sit while the odoban loosened the grime.I pumped it out then filled the box with warm water and that was enough to loosen up whatever was there because now it seems to be working fine.
thanks again

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » December 5th, 2020, 7:45 am

:clap: :down:

Topic author United States of America
dennis gasper
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 466

Postby dennis gasper » December 5th, 2020, 8:38 am

thanks for the advise everyone, decided to clean the box by filling with Odo ban and letting sit overnight. Drained then filled again with warm water and that seemed to do the trick.Whatever it was that was in the way of the float switch working properly has been removed I guess. I will be paying more attention and clean the boxs on a regular basis from now on.
Thanks again.

Return to “The Project Center”