Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Spiral Stairs - the long and winding ......

Topic author Canada
Grafunkus
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1982 33' Carver Mariner
1985 3607 Carver Aft Cabin

Re: Spiral Stairs - the long and winding ......

Postby Grafunkus » May 4th, 2021, 8:36 am

km1125 wrote:Source of the post Looks good! I think that would have made a huge improvement in my old 3607. Nobody was comfortable on those stairs. I would also opt for a larger swim platform. The stock one is about the smallest usable one you could have.

As we were drilling the holes for the bottom, Doug noticed that it seemed wet. We will be looking into a new swim platform next season. And yes it would be a little larger.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » May 5th, 2021, 7:03 am

Grafunkus wrote:Source of the post
Viper wrote:Source of the post Nice :down:

Do you find the height from one step to another an easy climb?

The height of the steps is a little steeper than I would like but they are much easier to deal with than the ladder. I did mention that to John (Stainless Outfitters). He mentioned that if they added more the treads would overlap too much. Also that the swim platform is installed after production and apparently there is no standard height.

Is each step thru-bolted through the post, and if so, were those holes pre-drilled? My thought is that if they weren't, you could set the steps closer together by dropping them all to a comfortable height because it's not currently a full step height from the top step to the deck. If the post came pre-drilled, I think I'd be drilling new holes to accommodate a more comfortable climb. This may not be doable in some applications but it's clear that there is room for adjustment in your case.

Topic author Canada
Grafunkus
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1982 33' Carver Mariner
1985 3607 Carver Aft Cabin

Postby Grafunkus » May 6th, 2021, 8:35 am

Viper wrote:Source of the post
Grafunkus wrote:Source of the post
Viper wrote:Source of the post Nice :down:

Do you find the height from one step to another an easy climb?

The height of the steps is a little steeper than I would like but they are much easier to deal with than the ladder. I did mention that to John (Stainless Outfitters). He mentioned that if they added more the treads would overlap too much. Also that the swim platform is installed after production and apparently there is no standard height.

Is each step thru-bolted through the post, and if so, were those holes pre-drilled? My thought is that if they weren't, you could set the steps closer together by dropping them all to a comfortable height because it's not currently a full step height from the top step to the deck. If the post came pre-drilled, I think I'd be drilling new holes to accommodate a more comfortable climb. This may not be doable in some applications but it's clear that there is room for adjustment in your case.

Each step came predrilled with thru-bolts.

United States of America
jjcaudle18
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby jjcaudle18 » June 14th, 2021, 7:06 pm

can you tell me where you purchased the spiral stair case?

Return to “The Project Center”