Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

C37 Sun pad and Dingy Davit

Topic author Canada
slceccacci@gmail.com
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2019 C37

Re: C37 Sun pad and Dingy Davit

Postby slceccacci@gmail.com » April 25th, 2021, 12:48 pm

Thank you for posting that! The video makes it look easy. And...funny co-incidence, we also traded in our Chaparral for a 2019 C37 but I really like the grey you have, ours is plain and doesn't look as good. If we make it to Erie, we'll drop off a bottle of wine for posting the video. They have closed our marina under government order so I am hoping we'll get out there soon.

Topic author Canada
slceccacci@gmail.com
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby slceccacci@gmail.com » April 25th, 2021, 1:00 pm

Thanks for sharing. The video makes it look easy. And...fun fact, we also traded in our Chapparal for the C37. Ours is plain and not as smart looking with the grey like yours. We are still in lockdown so can't even get into the marina. When we make our way to Erie, we'll drop off a bottle of wine for posting the video!

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » April 25th, 2021, 2:01 pm

Thanks for posting a very helpful video. Looks really great. I did not see any use of sealant on the screws. This is imperative otherwise you will get water infiltration and eventually end up with a delaminated of the top deck. Maybe I missed it?
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
Benda515
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2018 Carver C37

Postby Benda515 » April 25th, 2021, 2:07 pm

slceccacci@gmail.com wrote:Source of the post Thanks for sharing. The video makes it look easy. And...fun fact, we also traded in our Chapparal for the C37. Ours is plain and not as smart looking with the grey like yours. We are still in lockdown so can't even get into the marina. When we make our way to Erie, we'll drop off a bottle of wine for posting the video!

Glad it helped a little. I sure was hoping the border would be open this year too. Hopefully will get better as the season progresses

United States of America
Benda515
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Benda515 » April 25th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Midnightsun wrote:Source of the post Thanks for posting a very helpful video. Looks really great. I did not see any use of sealant on the screws. This is imperative otherwise you will get water infiltration and eventually end up with a delaminated of the top deck. Maybe I missed it?

I did use sealant in every hole but thanks for the reminder. I am not sure if I had that in the video.

Topic author Canada
slceccacci@gmail.com
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby slceccacci@gmail.com » May 28th, 2021, 11:47 am

Hi Brenda

Hope all is well and that you are starting the season off well.

We are trying to evaluate our best davit option and in speaking with a few people, simply bolting it on the top or bottom of the planform will create a pressure problem that may lead to fracturing the gel coat. I was wondering if you have a dingy and if so do you tow it or do you have a davit?

Thanks for any advice you have.

Sandra

United States of America
Benda515
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Benda515 » May 29th, 2021, 11:06 am

slceccacci@gmail.com wrote:Source of the post Hi Brenda

Hope all is well and that you are starting the season off well.

We are trying to evaluate our best davit option and in speaking with a few people, simply bolting it on the top or bottom of the planform will create a pressure problem that may lead to fracturing the gel coat. I was wondering if you have a dingy and if so do you tow it or do you have a davit?

Thanks for any advice you have.

Sandra

We dont have a dingy, I would think you would be able to mount something off the swimplatform if it was not super heavy. I recall seeing a C37 with one on it if I can find it I will upload the pictures

United States of America
Benda515
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Benda515 » May 29th, 2021, 11:10 am

Here is a link to one for sale with a digny https://www.boats.com/power-boats/2017- ... e-7895596/

Topic author Canada
slceccacci@gmail.com
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby slceccacci@gmail.com » May 29th, 2021, 2:33 pm

Thanks! Trying to avoid all that rope. Will post something if we figure it out!

Topic author Canada
slceccacci@gmail.com
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby slceccacci@gmail.com » July 11th, 2021, 12:45 pm

Hi Brenda

Hope you are on the water enjoying the day!

We finally received our sun pad but we are perplexed as to how to afix the cup holder. Do you mind sharing how you dis that?

Thanks!!

Return to “The Project Center”