Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Lets see Clever Storage Ideas

Topic author United States of America
Flyboy2000
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2019 Carver C36

Lets see Clever Storage Ideas

Postby Flyboy2000 » April 22nd, 2021, 10:41 am

Hi Everyone,

I know as boat owners, we must have some clever ideas when it comes to keeping everything organized. Lots of items, very little space!
What solutions have Carver owners found for organizing? Projects?
Looking for clever ideas for a few bourbon bottles ( a Bar)
Plates/ Cutlery?
Anxiously waiting on the transport company to load my boat and get it here to California

Lee
2019 Carver C36
Volvo D4's

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Lets see Clever Storage Ideas

Postby Midnightsun » April 22nd, 2021, 11:02 am

I removed my central vac and turned the space into a booze cabinet. :-D Area behind TV was huge so I remodelled to a swing out style to be able to use all they valuable space. Added several fixed shelves to a secondary small hanging locker in the master stateroom. The storage under the dining seats was substantial however the opening Carver left was way too small to get any decent size objects in there so i removed the tops and fabricated new ones out of Russian birch with full openings.

In the first picture below you can see where I replaced the embedded microwave with a convection oven, I was able to modify the opening and add a shelf which is very useful for storage. also remove the coffe maker and now use a Nesprersso machine which also adds more space.

Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » April 23rd, 2021, 12:37 am

Nice.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » April 23rd, 2021, 1:23 am

I use two bilge areas under the cabin floor for worklight storage.

not volunatrily though,
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Topic author United States of America
Flyboy2000
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2019 Carver C36

Postby Flyboy2000 » April 23rd, 2021, 9:48 am

Wow,
Great work midnight sun! Obviously you have some woodworking skills! Does all that glassware stay put when you are underway, or in some chop?
Planning on a lot of evening sunset cruises, or just loitering at sunset on the flybridge with friends. I was thinking I would just take a rolling container down to the boat to take supplies/snacks and then when finished..use it to haul back trash, leftovers and dirty dishes. Anyone else just like to go down to the boat and escape?

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » April 23rd, 2021, 10:55 am

Yep glasses stay in place, we boat in rather calm waters so not an issue. If it gets really nasty, my wife will take some precautions. Our boat is our summer cottage and summer vacation getaway. Stocked to the brim with everything you would normally have at home.

I would not call it woodworking skills, more like very patient. ;-) lots more pictures in my signature.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » April 23rd, 2021, 11:03 am

Escape YES! There are so many times when I plan to take a cruise, then get a visitor, then have a c-tail, then another visitor & another c-tail, then just turn on Jimmy Buffet and boom, ........ the official escape has begun in so many ways! That's one reason we all love our Carver's. Great to cruise, but socially designed for any change in plan! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
lakeerierocks
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2019 C37 Coupe diesels

Postby lakeerierocks » August 2nd, 2021, 2:50 pm

love the idea for under the couch. We have the same - we figure it was for storing dead bodies. No pantry storage but man, we can smuggle a couple corpses! :)

Was trying to figure out how to convert it to something useful.

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » August 4th, 2021, 3:05 am

I mounted a compressor-fridge box in a couch. saves lots of space in the galley where we don't have much space for cutlery. And gives better cooling (vertical and better insulated around the box additionally) plus it's a compressor box (not the other system) so it can get down to -20 C when needed. The seat is a bit higher so the air can circulate. A bonus: better view at the wheel inside.
Easy to take out for a land trip too, although I should not have forgotton to empty it first...

up front in the bow in an unused space under a bed I mount a water bag (120 Litres) as we don't use much water. The original tank in front of the engines is very much in the way of access to the areas beside the engines where I will make racks for baskets to fit into.

I plan to put a removable protection in front of the engines so for example I can drop a big wet bag in there (towing toy 'island') where it can drip out of the way (bilge is wet anyway) and take it out at port. Or in due time an inflatable dinghy and such.
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

United States of America
mjmason1
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver Voyager 530

Postby mjmason1 » October 18th, 2021, 10:54 am

Since we live on our boat we needed more storage. The salon sofa, recliners had a L shape. We cut the fabric holding the cushion on the L, the sewed in a piece of plywood for support. Then we built a small wooden frame for the top cushion and weight. We use this for a tool storage area.
IMG_6852.jpg
IMG_6851.jpg
IMG_6850.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Project Center”